Mini Jeep

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Digit

Mini Jeep

Post by Digit » October 3rd, 2014, 10:59 pm

With thanks to AusJeep for the lead, I have picked up a new toy yesterday! :D

Got it home and removed the jeep from base assembly.

Removed the shell from the 'chassis' / frame.

Upon closer inspection it would appear that the jeep used to have actual lights for headlights and they've been crudely patched with a paint can lid and a piece of wood.

Also would appear there was possibly a speaker mounted under the seat in the foot-well?

I have no idea what would have been in this box underneath either. it's lined with aluminum plating.

Anyway I've identified some of the areas i need to re-glass / repair before prepping for paint. Wonder how difficult it would be to find and mount some headlights?
1987 Jeep YJ Wrangler - JP #23 WIP.

fantomas
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Mini Jeep

Post by fantomas » October 4th, 2014, 7:45 pm

Nice! does it still... work? I saw the pic on your other thread but didn't realize it was coin operated.

As far as headlights, I don't see why not! Check my Power Wheels thread here viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1979&start=0 I converted the round headlights to the square YJ style and put some LED lights in there. If you can fiberglass, that shouldn't give you any problems at all. Of course I don't know how hard it is to find something like the PW tail lights down under (I just checked ebay.com.au and didn't find any for sale, not sure if you have other sources there).

Digit

Post by Digit » October 4th, 2014, 11:20 pm

Yep still goes! 40¢ a ride lol. That's a nice job you've done with the headlights on your build mate, I might try something similar with this one. The power wheels is flash as with that bumper, roll bar and detailed interior.

Digit

Post by Digit » October 30th, 2014, 12:17 am

Well no progress to report here as I've been busy obtaining a real jeep, but thought I'd share this funny pic. Turns out the front park lamps on yj are perfect size for square headlights on coin ride. I might import a set with clear lenses for the mod.
Attachments
image.jpg