Kid and Son's jeep for our JP Build

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Kid

Re: Kid and Son's jeep for our JP Build

Post by Kid » August 7th, 2014, 12:29 pm

A trailer would be nice as well. However, since we are running our own Jurassic park (cattle ranch) with the bull being our T Rex. Yes he tests the fence line all the time. Given a chance he might even eat someone (LOL). I think the barbeque grill would be more proper for us. I always have a few hundred pounds in the freezer.
I recovered all that we needed from the donor to reassemble our jeep to road ready. What a big savings. Still need a clean rust free windshield frame and new windshield. The body work where the two small holes are, at the roll bar mounting plate area behind the front seats are almost completed. With new metal welded in. Still need to fill in the front driver’s fender with new metal where someone had drilled out a 2 inch hole for the extended breather pipe that was on it at one time. Its mooing (LOL) slow but its getting there. We are going to rino line the inside of the tub and then paint it with rustolem paint as close to the color of the JP carpet until we get all the other work and paint done. Then we will work on the carpet and seats ect. My son is dying to drive it. So soon it will be a daily driver and a builder at the same time. When we get the floor painted I will enter pic.

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Post by COBrian » August 8th, 2014, 11:25 am

You can get some of those truck bed liners in colors, why not just get the rhino line in green, then you dont hav to paint what you just put down.

http://www.grizzlygrip.com/Color_Chart-content.aspx that camo green looks real close.
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO

Kid

Post by Kid » August 8th, 2014, 2:22 pm

Great idea, camo green it will be. That will be a time saver.
Thanks