KevinBGoode's JP25 (WIP)

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
kevinbgoode
Completed JP Jeep

KevinBGoode's JP25 (WIP)

Post by kevinbgoode » June 5th, 2014, 4:13 pm

So guys, I'm glad to say the project has finally been start off!.
I've been saving up for a Jeep for a few months now and Upcoming thursday I'll be checking one out wich really has my interest, and if all goes as planned next week I'll be the happy owner of a Jeep Wrangler from '90.

However the jeep will need alot of work, and I've already started the journey last week.
Today was my first day off, so I decided to do two things at once and with alot of luck I found two parts wich I'll Deffently be needing for the JP Jeep.

So to introduce the first part of my build!
The Jeep's Rims!
I was so happy when I came across them online!
Even though I'm one short for the spare tire, I was very happy to find these!
The guy who sold it to me had alot of wrangler, It was amazing! I fel in love with all of them. He also gave me alot of great tips and suggestions for when I will be going to check out the wrangler next thursday and what to look for in wich area's, wich is very helpfull as I have little experiance with cars. I would of never expected to find some one so enthousiastic about jeeps as him. It was great and very imformative!

Then the first part wich I picked up today. The Light bar. When I came across the lightbar online I was surpized to find only one so I contacted the seller and today I picked it up, I was so exited when I got it I'd just had to make a picture of the lightbar when I just loaded it in. So sorry for the bad pic! Will make a new one soon.
The down part of this lightbar is that it has 5 light placements instead of 4. But all problems can be solved.

So this is a small beginning, but I'm very excited to have began already!
Let me know what you think, and thank you for reading my post!

Untill the next update!
Last edited by kevinbgoode on June 20th, 2014, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack_Fauth
Completed JP Jeep

Re: KevinBGoode's Jeep (WIP)

Post by Jack_Fauth » June 5th, 2014, 6:20 pm

All the lightbars have 5 mounting points but in the 3 jeeps in the movie without lights they removed them
Jeep 12 just mounted a plate over them so they could attach the Jabsco lights
Also if you haven't bought a jeep yet i would try to find a 95
That year had galvinized frames which will save you alot of headaches
Also look for the 4.0 jeeps not a 4 cyl
The 4.0 run forever
Good luck with your search my first purchase was the wheels on my conversion
Jack
Still selling complete decal/stencil kits in any number

Jeep conversion service http://www.no-limitcustoms.com

95 Sahara- PA Jeep#12-SOLD
000 _oooo_
00/| ,[___],
|--L
@/--[]lllll[]-
()_) 0 ()_)-o-)_)

heartyfield

Post by heartyfield » June 6th, 2014, 7:59 am

Wow, great find on your first couple of purchases. It's hard to tell from the pic, but I think you may have scored the screen accurate lightbar-would need to see the brackets better.
“You've never heard of Chaos theory? Non-linear equations? Strange attractors? Ms. Sattler, I refuse to believe you're not familiar with the concept of attraction.”
https://www.facebook.com/jurassicparkjeep12athens

kevinbgoode
Completed JP Jeep

Post by kevinbgoode » June 12th, 2014, 4:08 pm

I did read up on alot of info!
The lightbar however isn't totaly screen accurate. I noticed that in the movie they mounted a plate on the 5 light places for the jabsco lights. Wich I will do pretty soon. the only differance wich I can see from the ones that I have and the screen-used ones is that the side parts wich have to be mounted on the jeep's side panel are a little shorter then the ones in the movie.

To give you guys a little update on the jeep.
unfortunately there came something between the sellers schedule that we couldn't meet up today. But no worry we made a new appointment for next week!.
He did however send me alot of picture since he didn't want me to make the drive all the way without me knowing what I was going to look for.

The pictures did scare me a little to be honest, as I have no idea on how to fix-up a car. Luckaly the body looks to be hard. a little rust on the doorside and beneath the front window, and little rust on the chassies.

A good friend of mine does know alot about cars and he said it just a matter of a few days of getting everything apart, and getting it sandblasted, primeurd and painted.

I'm a little nervous, but I'm also very exited.
Beside the car I've also been buzy looking for parts wich I will be needing, like halve doors, the correct bumper, the winch, wip antenna, Decal sets, Mirror tag, fog lights, and much more. but not much luck yet.

Also thanks Jack for the tip! If this jeep doesn't work out and there just to much to be done with to big of cost I will lookout for a 95 jeep.
Could you tell me what kind of headaches I would be prefenting?

kevinbgoode
Completed JP Jeep

Post by kevinbgoode » June 19th, 2014, 4:43 pm

Alright! I can proudly say I am owner of a Jeep Wrangler!
It was a long drive of about 325 miles. And even if not everything went as expected, I managed to get her home safely.

A little information about the wrangler.
Luckaly the Wrangle has a very strong body, Only two rust places it has is on one side next to the jeep logo.
This will need to be fix by welding a new piece. and a little bit top rust on one side of the hard doors. This just needs to be sanded and painted again.

The motor on the otherside will need a total rebuild and everything needs to be checked and alot needs to be fixed. The radiator has a small leak, so I will need to replace that, some cables are old, they will need replacements. and also a few tubes are very filthy and need to be cleaned properly. One of the biggest thing that scared me was on the way back from the seller I Noticed the jeep was leaking oil. So the leaks needs to be found and fixed. A good friend of mine who is good with cars says it can be alot of things causing this problem and this will cost alot of time, and prehaps even alot of new parts to fix. Wich I'm offcourse not so happy to hear. but he said it can be fixed. So need to save up for that a little bit and hope it isn't to much expensive stuff as I do not have a big budget. Also when the jeep is in 5 gear there is a strange rattling noise. This is also a bit worry and will need to be look at with all eyes and ears.

These are the most important things wich need to be done before I can really start off with my build.
After these things are done I will have to do the following before I can finnaly paint.

TO DO LIST:
- Find halve doors
- Find soft top + cage
- Find Jabsco Lights + gaurds
- Find front fog lights
- Find KC back Lights
- Extra plate the lightbar for the Jabsco lights
- Remove front bumberlights/ replacement side-hood
- Remove side directions Lights/ close the whole
- Fix direction lights in the front and side.
- Remove antenna
- Replace hood locks
- Get JP Lincence plates
- Get JP Mirror tag
- Find decals

And alot more!
I'm a bit nerveus but very exited on how the build will go. any tips and suggestions are always welcome. And Offcourse I'll try to be online as much as I can reading all the old thread trying to get enought information to get this jeep as canon as posible. (unfortunately there will be some parts wich I will have to have, wich aren't in the movie jeeps, but are required here by law)
so what do you guys think?

fantomas
Completed JP Jeep

Post by fantomas » June 19th, 2014, 11:43 pm

Congrats on the purchase! Looks like you have a lottttt of work to do on that Jeep. And you know what they say... A Jeep is a hole in the water into which you throw money.. or something :lol:

kevinbgoode
Completed JP Jeep

Re: KevinBGoode's JP25 (WIP)

Post by kevinbgoode » June 20th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Today I started off by putting on my Lightbar and making some better pictures of the jeep.

After that all was done I decided to hit the mall and get some supplies to make the Mirror tag.
I must say it went rather easy
and the result.

Small progress. But still is progress :D
I haven't put on the rims yet, since well they are going to have to be painted it would be easier to put them on the jeep once they are painted.
Then I dont have to first get the tire off put on the smaller tire, put it on the jeep, and once it needs to be painted get the tire off again, paint it and then put it back on again.

Jpdude11

Post by Jpdude11 » June 23rd, 2014, 10:30 am

My Gosh its so weird looking at a euro spec vehicle.
Its looking good so far though! at least you were able to find rims in your area instead of having to order them online.
Also are you going to mod your Jeep to look like a U.S. spec Jeep, and still follow euro specs? I know there's a member in the UK I believe and that's what he is doing, and its coming along very nicely.

kevinbgoode
Completed JP Jeep

Post by kevinbgoode » June 23rd, 2014, 10:41 am

Haha yeah I starting to notice more details every day.
But yes Im planning to mod the jeep to get it as screen accurate as posible but still in EU regulations.

The hardest part is indeed finding the parts, like the half doors wich are imposible to find here, along with a few other parts.

Jpdude11

Post by Jpdude11 » June 23rd, 2014, 9:54 pm

If I remember correctly there was a great amount of similarities between the CJ7, YJ, and TJ. So you could should be able to use half doors from a CJ7 or TJ with slight modification. If you really want half doors you may want to do some research on that.