KevinBGoode's JP25 (WIP)

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
raptorwrangler
Completed JP Jeep

Re: KevinBGoode's JP25 (WIP)

Post by raptorwrangler » June 24th, 2014, 7:35 am

CJ7 doors should be a "direct replacement." The strikers on TJ are in a different place on the door. If you go with TJ doors, you're have to do some cutting and internal mechanism relocation. I would not recommend trying this unless you have access to a shop. Just my 2 cents.
-1995 Jeep Wrangler S................./‾‾‾‾\ □□□□
-2.5L 123hp............................../|‾‾|‾‾,[____],__
-Completed Conversion..............|!\\.|@|\-\--¬[llllll]-
...............................................-(o)------(o)--°-----)°-

kevinbgoode
Completed JP Jeep

Post by kevinbgoode » July 21st, 2014, 11:41 am

wow has it already been a month since the last update on the forum.
Time is flying by like crazy. However alot has been done already!

First thing was first, Trying to solve the leaking oil problem.
Turns out my PVC piped is very clogged.
Because one of the previous owners got the engine to overheat, that the oil in the motor burned.

we took off the PVC part to let it get some air. and the leakage has stop. yet it is not the perfect way to handle this. So I'm still searching for a new pipe so I can remove the clogged one. problem is getting parts here in this country as mentioned is very diffacult.

mean while That all Happend I kept browsing the internet for parts wich I Would be needing.
So far I collected:
A orginial Sahara soft top.
Dont mind the full doors. unfortunately I still haven't found any half doors. they are imposible to find here, and getting them shipped from the US would set me back about 500 dollar just for shipping. and Yes I do have the top door parts of the soft top.
The soft-top itself is a great condition seeing as it about 22 years old. Only downside is that one of the windows has a small tear in it. wich will need to be fixed.

Other that that I also orderd the Licences plate, with a licence plate holder.
I most honestly say the licence plate are pretty cool, althought I really hated it that the decals weren't applied, and I totaly ruined one of the licence plates because the number didn't come out nice. So I was pretty bumped out about that and I will have to order a new one in the future, as for now it will do.

Also found two amber side lights, and two amber front lights. The side lights are completly new, and very shiny, the front lights are 2nd hand but still in great condition.
After the paintjob I will be instaling the lights

Last but not least I found a Jeep owner an hour drive away from me who has an orginal Family bar for sale, so I have an appointment to pick that up next week.

More good news. the other week I got my car tested at the car Inspection. not sure whats its called in english. And luckaly it came threw without any problems.

So just after the jeep passed the test I went straight home since now I have a year untill I get the next test again and first thing I did is started stripping the car!.

Getting the Tires of the Wheels so they can be sandblasted and painted

Removing the ugly front bumper lights so I can patch that up. (yet I am still thinking of removing that section of the bumper and replace it with one that didn't have the ugly lights on front. But also thoses are hard to find here.)

Removed the side lights
Also this will be fixed since they dont have the side blinker there in the movie

Removie spare tire bracket

And last thing wich I am working on right now is removing the interior pieces

And as result for now

So I hoped you enjoy my little update. I hope to be posting more and more upcoming weeks.
Please do feel free to give any suggestions and tips. :D

cptcrunch
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cptcrunch » July 21st, 2014, 9:21 pm

Great work so far and finding those rare parts. Glad you past the inspection (you were correct). Are the correct tires hard to get over there?

kevinbgoode
Completed JP Jeep

Post by kevinbgoode » July 22nd, 2014, 3:58 pm

I've seen the tires come across prahaps 2 times. But they were real expensive for used and not best shape tires. So when Im going to buy them Ill get them new. It will cost a little more but atleast they are completly new and in perfext condition.

Also new update. Found a bumper from a local seller. :D

Lights arent the correct ones but I will replace them once I find the correct lights.

kevinbgoode
Completed JP Jeep

Post by kevinbgoode » August 12th, 2014, 10:53 am

Little update..

I've had nothing more then alot ofnset backs these past weeks.
Manages to find hald doors.. but without the hinges and no budget for the rest of the upcoming months do buy them. Tried to put on the full door hinges. But theu were to big. Had massive rainfall these weeks with no roof on the jeep and ruinening the whole paintjob in the interior. Have been looking for a painter but none of then want to paint the jeep if I so the sanding myself. Making the cost go extreemly up. Been looking for other parts like the seats, carpet, fog lights, front lights, and more. And no luck finding any of them so when I have a little extra cash that I can buy them.. and further alot of other stuff.

I was hoping to have the paint and decals sets done by mid september but do to these set backs and alot of surpizing big bills I will have to wait a pretty big time longer since the paint job is the most expensive thing to so.