Kentucky Jeep #22

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
crayZcollegeKid

Re: Kentucky Jeep #22

Post by crayZcollegeKid » March 16th, 2014, 9:16 pm

Alrighty everyone, here's two render forms I've come up with by using a current photo of the jeep. The first pic is the jeep plain, second pic has the simulated paint along with a spice hard top and the third pic has the same as second but has a painted full door with spice to simulate a half door.

I like the fake half door look but owning actual half doors will help me complete the look when the tops are off. The body paint is a debate right now but I know a guy who can Plasti dip for a flat 300 bucks. Anyway that's all I have so far, hopefully can obtain the rear lamps next week and mount. What are your opinions? Any input will be helpful, thank you.
______________________________________________________________________________________

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » March 17th, 2014, 5:29 am

I wouldnt pay the 300 for a plasti dip job when you can do it your self. You can find someone to do paint for just a little more than that. I think using plasti dip is perfect for a do it your selfer because it just peels off if you mess up. Paying someone to do plasti dip is eliminating half of the appeal of the stuff.
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

heartyfield

Post by heartyfield » March 17th, 2014, 8:21 am

I agree with ratrace, $300 is a bit much if you're keeping the base silver. I didn't pay much more than that to buy my actual paint and supplies.
“You've never heard of Chaos theory? Non-linear equations? Strange attractors? Ms. Sattler, I refuse to believe you're not familiar with the concept of attraction.”
https://www.facebook.com/jurassicparkjeep12athens

crayZcollegeKid

Post by crayZcollegeKid » March 17th, 2014, 10:08 am

It's 300 for the entire body if I decide to make the accurate beige color. Lol 300 for just the red is way too expensive.
______________________________________________________________________________________

ausjeep

Post by ausjeep » March 18th, 2014, 3:21 pm

E03C9820-691F-46B7-909D-3B01DC586C77.jpg
E03C9820-691F-46B7-909D-3B01DC586C77.jpg (69.95 KiB) Viewed 13726 times
just an idea. i was thinking of doing this with mine

crayZcollegeKid

Post by crayZcollegeKid » March 18th, 2014, 4:07 pm

ausjeep wrote:
E03C9820-691F-46B7-909D-3B01DC586C77.jpg
just an idea. i was thinking of doing this with mine
That concept is awesome! Never thought about extending the rear stripes, and with the hard top it would look very clean. I'd say go for it, really unique.

crayZcollegeKid

Post by crayZcollegeKid » April 14th, 2014, 12:59 pm

I mounted this a couple days ago for the front. The location is just temporary until I order the celbrtity machines plate because this one is starting to take on moisture.

Rear lamp pictures coming soon too!

Bosssk

Post by Bosssk » April 15th, 2014, 6:07 pm

Good luck on your build! We have a Off Road club here at Clarksville/ft campbell, and there was a YJ grill that might fit your jeep if you plan to do that. There are several YJ for Sale around here, and if I were you, I would just swap you Jeep for one and end up with a more accurate vehicle. I live in Oak Grove, and work on Fort Campbell so that's another Kentucky-based Jurassic jeep It has been on display at the ComicCon in Lexington before, and was at the Pop Con two weeks ago in Evansville IN, just across the river from KY. It should be at theCincinatti Comic Con this Summer with a lot of props. A great place to have a JP Jeep meet might be Dinosaur World by Mammoth Cave. That's where I picked up the T-Rex bust seen here,and then made the rest ofthe Dino from Army foam sleeping Mats. My Jeep used to be #10, and is now #18.
hooters.jpg
1995 Wrangler to Jurassic Park Jeep 18 (formerly Jeep 10)
2000 Landrover to non-canon Ingen staff field vehicle
1943 German Opel Blitz Radio Truck
1944 Willys MB Project
1974 VW Thing to Type 82 Kubelwagen Project
Military Hummer Project

Jpdude11

Post by Jpdude11 » April 16th, 2014, 12:40 am

Hey crazyZcollegeKid I'm working on converting my TJ as well, if you want to stop by my thread to see my progress (not very far probably order my lightbar sometime this week or next week) and if you need advice I'd be more than happy to help. Also what you might want to do (cuz it looks cooler) is mount your licence plate towards the side of the bumper (like the YJ's) you'll have to put a screw through the plastic bumper end cap, but it looks better than it being in the center (my opinion).

crayZcollegeKid

Post by crayZcollegeKid » April 16th, 2014, 12:37 pm

Hey Jpdude11, thanks for your insight and I'll be sure to check out your build. The plate location is temporary right now until I obtain the version from celebrity machines. The next big task for me is to find half doors, then the wheels and finally paint it with plasti dip. The build speed won't be fast on my end with school and what not. I'm shooting for around a year, just in time for Jurassic World to unveil it at the theater :D