Kentucky Jeep #22

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
crayZcollegeKid

Re: Kentucky Jeep #22

Post by crayZcollegeKid » July 18th, 2014, 7:13 pm

UPDATE:

A lot of things have been in the works. I know I've been gone for a while, maybe some of you thought I died but unfortunately no lol, I'm still here making this Wrangler. Pictures will come soon when I get the soft top next week and installed. Parts, I'm 80% there, just need the wheels and the winch next :)
______________________________________________________________________________________

cptcrunch
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cptcrunch » July 21st, 2014, 9:12 pm

Looking to go REP6000 for the winch? Or something else?

crayZcollegeKid

Post by crayZcollegeKid » July 21st, 2014, 11:46 pm

Something else. The Ramsey is very hard to find and whenever I do see one it needs a lot of work done. As long as it looks the same I'll be alright, just slap the decal on and no one will notice. ;p
______________________________________________________________________________________

crayZcollegeKid

Post by crayZcollegeKid » July 25th, 2014, 11:14 pm

Alas! Here's a picture of what I've acquired over the past few months, they include: fog lights, light bar, over head lights, half doors, half door spice uppers, spice soft top, third brake light removal, "amber" rear lights (not pictured, they're just a homemade placeholder made from flea market lights), black roll bar pads removed (debating to paint them) and the jurassic park tag hanging from rear view mirror.

That's all for now. It still needs a lot of cosmetic work done, ie paint, decals and wheels.

ausjeep

Post by ausjeep » July 27th, 2014, 2:01 am

crayZcollegeKid wrote:black roll bar pads removed (debating to paint them)
probably not going to work. i put an entire can of upholstry paint on the balck top of the sound bar and its still more black than tan. but its great for restoring the tan pads

crayZcollegeKid

Post by crayZcollegeKid » July 27th, 2014, 9:09 am

Thanks for telling me man. What I have is a can of "Vinyl and Fabric Paint" from the auto parts store and it says it's good on dashes and carpet but didn't say anything about padding. I'll probably hit it on the dash area, because black isn't matching the half door interior. If I can find cheap spice padding I'll probably take it.

crayZcollegeKid

Post by crayZcollegeKid » August 1st, 2014, 11:12 pm

Aha! Found myself a cheap winch over at Harbor Freight that can be mocked up to look like the Ramsey. Over in the decal thread, a user has supplied the source for replacement labels that go onto the winch body. The Ramsey and this cheaper model have similar characteristics and the look shouldn't be hard to pull off.
Harbor Freight winch: http://m.harborfreight.com/3500-lb-atvu ... 61257.html

Decal post: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=93

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Post by COBrian » August 4th, 2014, 12:52 pm

that winch is a lot smaller than the real one. 3500 lb winches are made for atv's , so they are a lot smaller in all dimensions. just fyi. Ohh and you wont might have trouble finding mounting plates for it, so you'll either have to modify one, or make one.(Im not sure the mount holes on those atv winches are same or not as real winches)

I know its tempting, but you might be better off springing for a decent winch. (and if you ever want to USE the winch, it should be sized thoeretically 1.5x weight of vehicle. jeeps (with our build out are around 4000 lbs.) 6000 lbs was the bare minimum rating suggested hence why they used the 6000 lb ramsey, but most people in off road circles go with 8000-9000 lb winches on yjs/tjs.. bigger on 4 door JKs)
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO

crayZcollegeKid

Post by crayZcollegeKid » August 12th, 2014, 1:53 pm

Went to the sign shop today for stencil and other prints. She mentioned that they do have magnetic backings, if so the door logo will be done this way, if it doesn't cost an arm and leg. Everything worked well with the files I supplied them (PNG) and my files can be stored in their system which is a huge plus because to make an order all I would have to do is call and it starts processing there without my presence. The shop is called Sign Source, they've been in business for quite a few years so I do know they print quality products.

Right now I'm waiting on a call for a price quote, I'll give those details when they come.

P.S. I changed my number from 22 to 14 :P

ausjeep

Post by ausjeep » August 13th, 2014, 3:15 am

nooooo you filthy cheat