Kentucky Jeep #22

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
crayZcollegeKid

Re: Kentucky Jeep #22

Post by crayZcollegeKid » May 5th, 2015, 12:02 pm

Update: The hunt is on again! Just got a new lead for wheels and some bonus tires. I'm visiting the seller Friday, he's a Jeeper himself so it's gonna be a swell time. Man it feels good to be active again. When the wheels are bought, it'll be time for the final steps; paint and winch. :)
______________________________________________________________________________________

crayZcollegeKid

Post by crayZcollegeKid » July 11th, 2015, 3:05 pm

Update: it's been a while since posting since the last semester of school kept me occupied. Story short, I'm back now and I've made some purchases towards making the Jeep reality (finally). About the wheels, the buyer contacted me on the day we made plans to meet and said he already sold them. I'm still in search for a set. Other than that I got my dip the other day!! :D The color is Camo Tan, and it will come out looking like ausjeep's #14 which is satisfactory enough for my taste and budget. I still haven't decided to pay someone to paint or just do it myself, idk, might take me a few weeks before it officially gets a first coat. Anyway, happy jeeping, good day.
______________________________________________________________________________________

crayZcollegeKid

Post by crayZcollegeKid » June 19th, 2017, 7:35 am

Oh wow, has it really been two years since I've made an update? Apologies lads, but dont worry, I havent stopped pursuing the project. Main reason for my absence would be that i have had nothing to do an actual update on. From the last post, it has taken me a while to get the painting complete and after searching around shops and asking a lot of friends about paint booths, i found absolutely nothing. In the end i knew this thing wasnt going to be painted by someone else and it had to be me to complete it. After some months of prep, gaining paint tools, watching mannnyyyy tutorials, i was able to paint it at my home in a day (tan base).

Next came the red and debated between using a red gallon or cans. End conclusion; cans. Tad more expensive but most places around me carried the color so if i ran out theyd be easy to obtain.

All of this took place since the middle of May, so a month to have almost everything on the outside.

Next im finding the correct decals to place on the doors and hood. I do have a lead from a user in the motor pool on facebook so those should be ordered shortly. In the mean time im figuring up the best way to place the amber fogs. On TJs the tailgate hinge hits the right fog, so im going to install a dummy left fog and have dummy wires coming out of the right tail lamp, to give it that "ive seen use" feeling.

It has been a blast building it, gents. Hopefully here soon i can get the notorious gold user name and help out TJ builders. I will post an update once decals and fogs are placed. Cheers!