Temporary Seats

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
derrrrr456

Temporary Seats

Post by derrrrr456 » February 19th, 2014, 10:28 am

So I havent posted in a while but I thought I would give an update real quick. Since it is winter, have redone my hard top and It looks great! Also, I removed my dark green Sahara seats and replaced them with a set of old style Sahara seats that I found on Craigslist. They look great, they arent perfect, but they are great for a temporary set in order to keep my dark greens looking fresh for when i get the jeep painted and finished.

I had to repair the passenger side seat because it appeared that someone reefed on it trying to get it out of the last jeep it was in. The seat is kind of twisted (as you can see), and one bolt and nutplate that fastens the slider rail was pulled right out of the seat. I broke off the nutplate and bolt and screwed the rail back down with a self tapper into the metal plate beneath the rail.

The rear seat had split seams, but no tears. So I sewed the seams back together with matching thread.

*** A small JP build update, I have given up on finding a light bar for a decent price nearby, so I talked with my fellow student (who is an engineer) about bending a pipe for me. He said that the machine shop here at Cornell will bend it for me for free as long as he goes along with me and says it is for a project (which it is kind of is ;) ). Anyway, If I can get that done, I will be able to fab my own lightbar for basically no cost because I have all the materials lying around.
Attachments
Seats installed and looking good!
Seats installed and looking good!
jeep temp seats.jpg (45.99 KiB) Viewed 3502 times
'94 Sahara - JP29 - $Sold
'93 Sahara - $Sold
'90 Islander - $Sold
'71 DJ-5 Postal - $Sold
'81 Scrambler