JP #22

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Dwight
Site Moderator

Re: JP #22

Post by Dwight » January 12th, 2020, 8:00 pm

you can always get the plate later down the road and weld it on if you decide to get lights. But i'd recommend the one piece light bar but thats because i'm a stickler for making things look like the movie.

I'm not sure how anyone has theirs wired up honestly. I sold my JP18 right as I found my REP6000 (which was the last piece of my build). I'm currently working on an Explorer now.

You could ask the FB workshop group though.

trevorpape
Vehicle Make/Model: Jeep Wrangler
Facebook Name: Trevor Pape
Instagram: Trevorpapephotos

Post by trevorpape » January 13th, 2020, 6:59 pm

Some Parts Have arrived.

License Plates (need the spacing for vinyl numbers, link on reference page doesn't work)
2 Piece Light bar... may keep or get rid of later for correct 1 piece version.
Incorrect Lights I ordered and are now re-selling...
CB Whip, Spring and Whip Latch..... (Missing the Ball and Adapter...had to email the seller via amazon..sigh

Also went and got 6 Qts of Mobil 1 5W-20. and the Motorcraft FL-1A oil Filter
New windshield wipers...(13 inch seems like a bizarre size)
K&N Airfilter

More to come tomorrow, and ill follow up with pictures soon. Wednesday i'm going to pick up the winch :D

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » January 13th, 2020, 8:00 pm

Link works on my end but here you go!
Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 7.59.31 PM.png

trevorpape

Post by trevorpape » January 13th, 2020, 8:05 pm

♥ Thanks Dwight!!!

Munker68
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Facebook Name: Billy Munker
Instagram: unclemunk68

Post by Munker68 » January 14th, 2020, 1:27 pm

Jeep looks great! Also looks like you got a good start with all the parts!! What Winch are you getting?

trevorpape

Post by trevorpape » January 14th, 2020, 4:22 pm

Munker68 wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 1:27 pm
Jeep looks great! Also looks like you got a good start with all the parts!! What Winch are you getting?
Thanks! yeah... been trying to stay ahead, that way I can pace out when to get it all together. I like making quick(ish) work of projects... nothing too long and drawn out If I can help it..

I found a 6000. screen accurate winch.. lots of 8000s that are close, and would probably get by anyone looking... but, since we're all very detail oriented (Especially Dwight ;) ) then I had to get the right one.

Munker68
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Facebook Name: Billy Munker
Instagram: unclemunk68

Post by Munker68 » January 14th, 2020, 9:02 pm

trevorpape wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 4:22 pm
Munker68 wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 1:27 pm
Thanks! yeah... been trying to stay ahead, that way I can pace out when to get it all together. I like making quick(ish) work of projects... nothing too long and drawn out If I can help it..

I found a 6000. screen accurate winch.. lots of 8000s that are close, and would probably get by anyone looking... but, since we're all very detail oriented (Especially Dwight ;) ) then I had to get the right one.
That’s awesome man!! I love my 6000, it looks so damn good!! That’s what makes the Jeep build fun, all the little details!

trevorpape

Post by trevorpape » January 15th, 2020, 7:30 pm

Wednesday 15 January Update:

Parts and Part Issues:

Ramsey 6000 was successful, Works and is in fairly decent condition... Some corrosion and the plastic clutch lever is broken...(note the screw in its place) but still all functional. which makes me extremely happy.

All 5 of my OEM wheels showed up (each weighing in at 24lbs) poor delivery guy haha.

Whip Antenna, Clasp and Spring showed up... But was missing the Ball and Mounting plate..(Emailed "Seller Kings" off of Amazon, their sending out the missing parts soon) thankfully. should have it by Monday

Light bar I got off of Craigslist (2 piece) has the tabs I believed to be originally on #12 in the movie... didn't think it was an actual plate...but, may run with this for now...Its in great condition. (not screen accurate due to plates being cut off, welds, and the way the top of the bars connect...)

I took a part the winch a little bit, and will give it the TLC is deserves, along with the makeover it needs. Going to replace all the hardware with new items, and probably throw come CPC (Corrosion preventive compound) on it, so it holds up better with the weather.
The winch is on a Switch which is nice, that way I can do it from inside the truck vice having to get a remote.

Flying out Friday to pick up the jeep, and driving it 8 hours back home. Plan for the weekend is to go through everything mechanically first..(oil change, air filter) and clean up the engine bay making sure any and all issues are taken care of prior to starting the cosmetics of the build.

(Props)
Found a King Pelican case, and Motorola Saber to add with my stuff. The pelican case i'll save for the eventual Explorer build... provided I can finish the Jeep in a decent amount of time. So many things to get done, but look forward to the process.
Attachments
image3.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » January 15th, 2020, 9:53 pm

Definitely need to get you a one piece light bar. Wouldn't stress too much about screen accuracy if you're sticking with the 2 piece!

Post some photos of the pelican and motorola! Been looking for a Motorola myself.

Hope the Jeep transaction goes well my friend!

trevorpape

Post by trevorpape » January 15th, 2020, 10:31 pm

Dwight wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 9:53 pm
Definitely need to get you a one piece light bar. Wouldn't stress too much about screen accuracy if you're sticking with the 2 piece!

Post some photos of the pelican and motorola! Been looking for a Motorola myself.

Hope the Jeep transaction goes well my friend!
Yeah... I'll see what happened after I get the jeep... no telling.

Okay, as soon as they arrive I will. Found used Pelican Cases and Motorola's on eBay. Bought a lot of 8, along with the charger base.
If you only are looking for one, I might get an extra one... or maybe 2... they're not the 100% accurate ones..but 90%.. based off what cyrix and them posted... most wont know the difference, so I don't think its overly critical to have THE correct one.

The Pelican case is a 1600 (some say Pro) ...newer ones have ribs/angles around the corners...older ones are smooth..most are former military use (as you can imagine) but could be cleaned up and new foam is like $50