KJ Renegade into the YJ scheme

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
artfull dodger

KJ Renegade into the YJ scheme

Post by artfull dodger » May 11th, 2019, 10:46 pm

My wife and I have been trying to sell the Liberty but we owe to much on it still, and we do like its creature comforts over her TJ on longer trips. Its already painted in the factory tan paint scheme not exact but close enough, so the logical choice would be a wrap or painting of the red strips, red rims and decal kit. She already sports a tall whip antenna on the roof(I am a licensed Ham Radio Op), factory roof spot lights and off road package. I am thinking of having the red up and over the windshield in front of the black light pod assembly. We are planning to put a 3" lift on the Jeep as the original springs are sagged down pretty good. Someday I may attempt a YJ build, but to find a decent one to start with is getting much harder and expensive and time moves forward. I think my KJ Renegade will make a very plausable JP Jeep. Here is a pic of her as she sits right now sans the new antenna mounted up on my roof rack. Mike the Aspie

RustyRodder

Re: KJ Renegade into the YJ scheme

Post by RustyRodder » May 12th, 2019, 9:29 am

Can't wait to see this! For the wheels, maybe leave the polished lip on them when painting them red?
JP25- Jurassic Park Maintenance, 1988 Jeep Comanche
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2680

artfull dodger

Post by artfull dodger » May 12th, 2019, 9:53 am

a couple of the rims are kind of rashed up on the polished lip or that would be a great idea. We haven't yet taken the Liberty off the market, but I am making plans as we have had no takers for what we need to get $$ wise for it. Once lifted, I would be looking at an ARB Bullbar bumper with winch next year(they are quite expensive)

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » May 12th, 2019, 10:10 am

it sucks when you owe more than it's worth.. if you do this you will make your market smaller. I recommend plasti dip
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

artfull dodger

Post by artfull dodger » May 12th, 2019, 12:38 pm

If I put the money into the lift and the stripes/decals, then I wont sell the Liberty for awhile if ever

frankyyy

Post by frankyyy » May 13th, 2019, 5:54 am

You could trade in the Fiat for an old landcruiser or something a bit cooler

artfull dodger

Post by artfull dodger » May 13th, 2019, 9:59 am

She isnt a Fiat by any means, she comes from the years Chrysler was merged with Mercedes's parent company. If I trade the LIberty off, it will be for a TJ or YJ Wrangler. We have been looking since we are not in a position to do anything just yet conversion wise to the KJ. Just saving $$ and keeping our eyes open.

frankyyy

Post by frankyyy » May 13th, 2019, 10:47 am

Ok so its still a jeep then. I would wait for a good good YJ trade towards autumn when people tend to sell.

rujero
Vehicle Make/Model: 2005 Jeep TJU - MT

Post by rujero » March 8th, 2020, 1:37 pm

I have a KK I would love to try this with. Its such a more practical vehicle for my lifestyle but still retains the box shape of the wranglers.
2005 Jeep Wrangler TJU, MT - Boston MA