JP18 Build Thread, Jacksonville FL

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Solace

Re: JP18 Build Thread, Jacksonville FL

Post by Solace » April 3rd, 2019, 10:32 am

Dwight wrote:Got most of JP18 put back together today as well as the decals put on. Looks so much more "Jurassic Parky" with the decals. My 5 BFG KO2's should be here Thursday and i'll have my red rims mounted then.

Other than that, I just need to get a Ramsey 6000 Winch and plate, whip antenna, rear fogs, and rear view mirror tag and she should be good to go! Feels like everything is coming together nicely!
Nearly Done 1.JPG
Nearly Done 2.JPG
Now there's a thing of beauty. Congrats Dwight! 99.9% there, lol. :D

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » April 3rd, 2019, 10:35 am

Thanks Solace! It's definitely come a long way since I originally purchased it, and i'm very proud to be driving it around!

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » April 3rd, 2019, 3:26 pm

Went ahead and got the BFG KO's put on today! I swear, the rims/tires really bring it all together. The 1 mile stretch from the tire shop to the gas station I had 3 people snapping photos and 1 lady telling me I belong in Universal and that it was "freaking awesome" lol. I've still got a few things left such as the winch/plate, tow eyes, whip antenna, and rear fogs, but those will come in the next few months.
New Tires 1.JPG
New Tires 2.JPG
New Tires 3 .JPG
Last edited by Dwight on June 28th, 2019, 3:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

jp41
Vehicle Make/Model: Jurassic Jeep 41

Post by jp41 » April 3rd, 2019, 5:27 pm

awesome build!

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » April 3rd, 2019, 6:17 pm

Thank you! Not quite complete yet, but damn close!

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

JP18 Build Thread, Jacksonville FL

Post by ratrace427 » April 4th, 2019, 7:22 am

I wouldn't worry about the motorpool sitting on your application. nothing inside that page your missing. they thought it was odd I wanted in the work shop. workshop is where everything happens. what about applying for a yellow name here on the forum? I remember when that was a big deal! or having your jeep on the banner? im the only active banner jeep at this point and it would be nice to have it updated

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » April 4th, 2019, 10:48 am

I went ahead and sent a message to one of the forum moderators (cyrix) requesting that I get a yellow name and to be displayed on the banner. I think that is how I would go about requesting it? Didn't see any sort of request form or anything.

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » April 5th, 2019, 4:33 am

good job, but its possible that Brandon Constant or Cyrix has abandoned his lovely forum. I would ask him on FB because he was the last person to do banner updates and that was back in 2012 when i finished mine. I am not saying to give up, im saying to please to stir the pot.. Maybe ask questions on FB about it. So many people on FB dont know this exist. I am enjoying this new activity and there are so many workshop peeps that need this forum. Victor started a topic a couple years ago about updating the banner but never took the time to update it. I remember because he said he was going to take them all down and put up fresh. I was like"Whoa! hold up im still here!" It never happened but Vic is Vic. Im just saying dont ask him because it wont happen. You might contact user Drewsmith. He is still active but im not sure if he has banner rights. Drew still has forum love and logs on. Hes old school like me . We are the cool ones =P

Ask FB..stir the pot. share forum love.
also, i cant hide behind my handle anymore. I am John Sisemore "as seen on facebook"
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » April 5th, 2019, 8:30 am

I'll reach out to Brandon and see what I can do. I like being active on both the Forums and the JPMP Facebook groups. So if there is anything I can do to revive the forums, as well as bridge the gap between the two platforms, I'll make it happen. Like you said, there are probably people on the forums who don't know about the Facebook Groups, and vice versa. This forum was one of the first things I came across that sparked my interest in building a JP Jeep. This and one of Vic's YouTube videos.

RustyRodder

Post by RustyRodder » April 9th, 2019, 9:16 pm

Wow, this is seriously amazing!!! I love this! What is next in your plan?
JP25- Jurassic Park Maintenance, 1988 Jeep Comanche
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2680