Shadowrcker's Jeep

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
shadowrcker

Shadowrcker's Jeep

Post by shadowrcker » April 11th, 2010, 11:22 am

Ever since i was a little kid Jurassic Park has been one of my favorite films. I can remember as a child watching the movie several thousand times.
As I grew up i developed a real interest in cars, especially ones made to leave the road. So naturally making a JP jeep would of eventually crossed my mind.

So back in the May of 2009 i stated looking for a off road worthy vehicle with a short wheelbase. I came across the Jeep Wrangler. I did some research and found that in my price range the only sensible thing was to purchase a YJ. That is when i thought hey, why not try to make a JP jeep. So i went to Google to see if any others have finished said feat. I came across Boomerjinks JP Jeep.
After reading the whole article i decided this was indeed a feat i could accomplish. But i needed the cash first.

Skip ahead a couple of months to September. After working all summer i had $5000 saved up to go out and buy my Jeep and start my project. I searched Craigslist for nearly a month, after dealing with all the scammers and people who for some reason post their vehicle but don't want to sell it, i find a tan 1993 Jeep Wrangler (4L, v6, 5-speed) for $2800. I go down and look at it and it is in fairly good condition but it will need a little work. So i buy it for $2300.

So after changing the pugs, oil filter, gas line, fuel tank, wiper motor, and sanding down most of the rust I got started working on the paint job.
I went to the local hardware store and picked up a lot of paint and a lot of sandpaper. Everyday for about 2 weeks all i would do when i got back from college is go outside and paint the Jeep.

After all that work i was left with this.

Due to my recent departure to Basic Training i wasn't able to finish the Jeep. However I still plan to finish the Jeep when I return.
Shadowrcker

Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Shadowrcker's Jeep

Post by Boomerjinks » April 11th, 2010, 11:53 am

haha, oh no! Another Red and Grey added to the roster! I have officially screwed over this replica community with misinformation!

But hey, lots of people like the grey, and your paint job looks to be super-clean, especially considering it was done in the woods! Spectacular. Hopefully it's in a clean dry place until you get home. Stay safe!

T-rex23

Post by T-rex23 » April 14th, 2010, 8:53 pm

I like the gray better...

AJ Quick
Site Moderator

Post by AJ Quick » April 15th, 2010, 5:45 pm

Grey looks great.

Where are you from?
1971 Volkwagen Beetle - 1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 1998 Dodge Neon R/T
http://www.GBFans.com/ - http://www.JurassicJeep.com/

Kadgarth

Post by Kadgarth » April 16th, 2010, 6:06 am

Sorry buy I'm really curious...

What could possibly be behind the black boxes? ^_^
1987 AMC Wrangler
2007 Dodge Charger

shadowrcker

Post by shadowrcker » April 17th, 2010, 12:02 pm

The Grey is a personal preference. I thought it looked good enough and i didn't want to spend the cash to go out and get a couple gallons of the factory paint mixed up for me.
Idk i still think it looks close enough.

Kadgarth - As for the black boxes, My grandfather was there picking up some tools and i didn't deem it appropriate for me to post his picture online.

AJ Quick - THe wooded location behind the jeep is good old Rhode Island.
Shadowrcker

T-rex23

Post by T-rex23 » April 18th, 2010, 11:38 am

How much do you have left to do to your jeep?