Project JP 027 made in Solingen / Germany

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Oskar1987

Project JP 027 made in Solingen / Germany

Post by Oskar1987 » February 23rd, 2018, 5:15 am

Hello everybody
I have been registered here for a while and now I think it’s time to introduce me and my project :D
I've been a fan of the JP franchise since childhood and have had several Jeeps, but my wife actually encouraged me to make my dream come true and build my own (as far as possible) film-accurate JP Jeep.

So here it is:
Based on a 94 'Jeep Wrangler YJ Limited Edition, I am currently busy collecting parts. I plan the conversion then for the summer this year, but already working on some stuff in my garage.
Jeep
Jeep
IMG_0015.jpeg (100.1 KiB) Viewed 11568 times
I know the limited Edition isn’t perfect for such a conversion, but I decided not to change the whole interior, because I really like the brown/beige color and it will harmonize with the green tones perfectly , I think.
The first part I bought was a not quite accurate Lightbar and in fact, I don't really like it. I already talked to a guy who will built me some right looking piece. I'm happy about that, because I plan to install the Jabs on top ;)

Some more very difficult parts to find (especially in Germany): The front and rear foglights!
I bought some similar looking lights in width. Then printed and painted fitting elements. I looks pretty good to me!
Foglights,front1
Foglights,front1
Foglights,front2
Foglights,front2
Foglights,back
Foglights,back
'm going to post some build-together pictures as well :idea:

The most easy thing till now was buying right wheels for the Jeep. The only problem with that: hard to get a single one. I had to buy two sets, to get my 5 wheels.
Now I'm going to sandblast and repaint them ;)
Wheels
Wheels
I really have to thank Victor (ProjectVIC) a lot! He helped me a lot to get the right interior colors together and I bought his awesome pouches as well!
I was able to find a little new, original interior part with the right Sahara-interior green-tone and so we managed it to arrive safe to me :) with that it was easy to match the right color :D
pouches and door
pouches and door
original greentone
original greentone
now I only have to paint the grey parts. I will decide later if I will paint the handles as well. Maybe they will fit it new whole color-concept pretty good :?:

I spent a lot of time to find the original green fabric for the seats as well. After some research I found little shop in the USA which still sales it. After receiving a little pattern I started research to find a similar fabric here in Germany. I thought it will be pretty expensive to order some of the original fabric (nearly 100 Dollar per yard) plus shipping and customs), and I found it. I think it matches really good and its only about about 30 dollar per 100 cm. What do you think? Do you have a clues which is the original one? (I know, it's hard to see really differences on photographs)
fabric
fabric
After then I visited a saddler to talk to him and make an order. I can't wait to install the new seats, I'll receive them in the middle of march I think :!: :!:
saddler
saddler
I ordered a green carpet from the USA as well. Your can't find any here in Germany :D

So that's enough for now! I will keep you up to date!
I can't wait to drive my JP-Jeep thru the cities of Germany :D
greetings :)
props
props
Last edited by Oskar1987 on February 23rd, 2018, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kccaprice

Re: Project JP 027 from 51°10'12.746"N7°4'59.307" Essen /Germany

Post by kccaprice » February 23rd, 2018, 3:13 pm

Very nice!
Complete Jurassic Park Decal kit ONLY $70 shipped! JP Raincoats, and more! http://www.JP.401Graphics.com
Satisfaction Guaranteed!

Gulbiron
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Project JP 027 made in Solingen / Germany

Post by Gulbiron » March 2nd, 2018, 12:34 pm

Very cool project. I see that it is progressing well. I can't wait to see more!

Welcome and happy to see one more guy in Europe!!

KytorIndustries

Post by KytorIndustries » March 18th, 2018, 10:37 am

Very nicely done, can't wait to see the finished product.
Kytor Industries
kytor.com

Greoscot

Post by Greoscot » March 30th, 2018, 3:46 am

The competition is very fun year. To accompany the family on vacation.

piolow

Post by piolow » April 4th, 2018, 2:48 am

Cool project. Got any updates?
1992 Sahara with some jeep aftermarket parts such as a winch, lightbar and auxiliary lights.

Jurassic Vic
Site Administrator
Vehicle Make/Model: 93 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Facebook Profile URL: https://www.facebook.com/vicjurassic
Instagram: Jurassic_vic

Post by Jurassic Vic » April 6th, 2018, 12:18 am

Look at that! I am such a nice guy. Good luck with the project! Glad I can help out
A new era. join the Jurassic Auto Group facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/jurassicautogroup

FOLLOW THE VLOG AND PODCAST
https://linktr.ee/jurassic_vic

Jurassic Park Jeep commissions message me!