My "tour" Explorer WIP

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Lumpy

Re: My "tour" Explorer WIP

Post by Lumpy » March 24th, 2014, 11:13 am

I'll check on Searchtempest... many thanks :)

Jurassic Paul

Post by Jurassic Paul » March 30th, 2014, 10:17 pm

It's all looking amazing, one of the best Explorer conversion out there. I hope you didn't mind but I used a few of your photos for reference for my CGI Ford Explorer's for the Cryengine mod I'm making. All vehicles were box modelled from scratch, images on screen are from my Tour video :D

Paul
Check out my JP 3d work on the forum viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2048 or visit my portfolio here http://www.paulelderdesign.com

scoodidabop
Completed JP Explorer

Post by scoodidabop » March 31st, 2014, 6:40 am

Looks great! I'd be glad to take any additional reference photos you might need, just let me know.

Finally found an accurate brush guard and I'm picking it up this morning. Woohoo!

scoodidabop
Completed JP Explorer

Post by scoodidabop » March 31st, 2014, 2:56 pm

....and here it is!

Officially a part of the 'screen accurate brush guard' group now. Grabbed the running boards too but I'm not going to use them.

cptcrunch
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cptcrunch » March 31st, 2014, 8:30 pm

scoodidabop wrote:....and here it is!

Officially a part of the 'screen accurate brush guard' group now. Grabbed the running boards too but I'm not going to use them.
How long did it take you to find that? Are they pretty rare? Price? Looks like a great find, no rust :)

scoodidabop
Completed JP Explorer

Post by scoodidabop » March 31st, 2014, 10:14 pm

Some surface rust underneath but the chrome is flawless. A very rare thing indeed. I feel pretty lucky to have found this one. Not only did they make loads of variations of this particular guard but other manufacturers made Explorer guards too, this one being one of the more expensive and less common. Most of the ones in this brand (including the one on my car) don't have the rubber bumpers on the front. There's still some out there but they're only getting harder to find.

The running boards aren't accurate but look way more accurate than mine. I don't feel like messing with them though so I'm letting those go.

Jurassic Paul

Post by Jurassic Paul » April 9th, 2014, 9:15 am

scoodidabop wrote:Looks great! I'd be glad to take any additional reference photos you might need, just let me know.

Finally found an accurate brush guard and I'm picking it up this morning. Woohoo!
That would be amazing if you could. One part I am a bit stuck on and there are hardly any images online is the central console where the phone and stereo are. I'm not sure what went under the dashboard :?

I keep checking back on here to see how far you have come on this, really excited to see it up and running and if you are ever in the UK and need an Alan Grant...

;)

Paul
Check out my JP 3d work on the forum viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2048 or visit my portfolio here http://www.paulelderdesign.com

Lumpy

Post by Lumpy » April 10th, 2014, 4:03 am

Cool !! :o
What's the brand name ?

scoodidabop
Completed JP Explorer

Post by scoodidabop » April 10th, 2014, 6:43 pm

New guard painted and installed! Touched up the bumper while the old guard was off. Lovin it!

teckman02

Post by teckman02 » April 10th, 2014, 7:05 pm

now did you strip off the chrome before you painted