My "tour" Explorer WIP

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
scoodidabop
Completed JP Explorer

Re: My Explorer: Sneak peak

Post by scoodidabop » January 22nd, 2014, 6:17 pm

Some vid and a shot of the custom center console (wip) with the tour program running. Getting close to completion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaaGVWtvPe0#t=98

rebel167us

Post by rebel167us » January 25th, 2014, 11:37 pm

Ahh, now I see. I had to look at your photo's zoomed in. lol. I can't wait for tax time. You've inspired me to do one. However, I won't overshadow your original. I've already found a suitable Explorer in Gold actually. lol. Thank you for inspiring my inner child and adult to do this. Seriously
:)

Keep up the good work man!

scoodidabop
Completed JP Explorer

Re: My "tour" Explorer WIP

Post by scoodidabop » February 13th, 2014, 6:21 pm

The dash is finished. Gotta figure out how to convert my gauges from analog to digital before I can install it though :/ Anyway it came out pretty good I think. Fabricated the left side and AC duct out of a spare dash I bought off a buddy.

Textured it with "homax" drywall texture (see screen used dash below for comparison) but due to it's brittle nature I had to clear coat the whole thing like 4 times. Might have to do another coat or two. Here's the dash with the custom AC ducts installed on the back and the air vents put it;

Texture comparison:

Wide shot:

Cyrix9445
Site Administrator
Vehicle Make/Model: Ford Explorer
Facebook Name: Brandon Constant
Facebook Profile URL: https://www.facebook.com/jurassicparkexplorer04/
Instagram: cyrix9445

Post by Cyrix9445 » February 14th, 2014, 9:22 am

Love love love it! You've done an outstanding job with this, you should be proud!
1993 Ford Explorer

BlackAdder719

Post by BlackAdder719 » February 14th, 2014, 9:37 am

damn that's incredible! The best explorer wip tour vehicle i ever seen! looking forward for more updates! keep it up man

scoodidabop
Completed JP Explorer

Post by scoodidabop » February 14th, 2014, 8:09 pm

Thanks guys! I'm pretty happy to be working on it. It's bringing me a lot of comfort lately and keeping me occupied after a difficult holiday. My father in law passed away suddenly in an accident just before Christmas and he was really like a Dad to me. He was a business owner and a really generous, hard working kind man that is gone too soon at just 53 years old. Anyway having these various JP communities and working on my Explorer in my spare time is therapeutic in a way since he and I did a lot of hand-on projects together. I've been on forums like a madman but I'll back off I swear!

Anyway BlackAdder just wait until you see Cryix's build... blows mine out of the water! He's been at it way longer than I have and has screen accurate parts all the way around. Mine looks pretty good if you squint though lol

Jurassic Paul

Post by Jurassic Paul » March 3rd, 2014, 10:29 am

scoodidabop wrote:Not my video so I can't take any credit. Creator is daemon from the explorer forums. I believe he said he used Premiere Pro to cut the video together. There are a few other versions out there. Audio came from jplegacy and video is clips from the film and a little custom art. Looks great on the monitors though!
I have one that I can provide in AVI. I too am a member of JP Legacy and that thread got me all inspired. Mines here but it's having a few tweaks done to it today as many mentioned the cast shouldn't be in it, so I'm removing them from the screenshots in photoshop :lol:

Everyone on here is free to use mine when it's done that's why I made it :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK62GIVUqz4

Paul
Check out my JP 3d work on the forum viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2048 or visit my portfolio here http://www.paulelderdesign.com

mane730

Post by mane730 » March 5th, 2014, 1:36 pm

AMAZING. So much dedication. Like someone else said, you should be proud! Love, love, love this project.

scoodidabop
Completed JP Explorer

Post by scoodidabop » March 6th, 2014, 10:54 pm

mane730 wrote:AMAZING. So much dedication. Like someone else said, you should be proud! Love, love, love this project.
Daw, thanks fellas! You guys are the best. Very proud to be part of this community!

My OBD2 brain out of a '96 Explorer arrives next week so I'll start toying around with converting my gauges to digital and make some progress on installing the dash. The idea came from a member at explorerforums that suggested using a '96 OBD computer for a digital conversion since most (if not all) of the sensors appear to be the same on my older gen 1 explorer. From there I'll use an OBD2 reader into an Anrdoid device then display my gauges on the dash monitor. KInda funny when you think about it - my sensors are going to go analog>digital>android>hdmi>analog converter>crt monitor... lol wut? Analog to digital to analog again. Spielberg invented a movie trick that was 2 decades ahead of it's time!

scoodidabop
Completed JP Explorer

Post by scoodidabop » March 12th, 2014, 8:01 pm

The splash screen in the tour program has been driving me nuts since no one had a good copy of it. It's very distinct in that it looks like the screen we see behind hammond in the conference room but a little different. In fact the Mr Dna theater's splash screen is identical. Anyway I finally patched a version together from screengrabs (even though my photoshop skills are novice-level) and it's a completely serviceable image when displayed on my CRTs! Here's a quick look;

Updated splash screen in action.

Of course that's the rear and the front screen is bigger so I'll snap a pic of the screen on there tomorrow.