Delaware JP Project #29

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
amazingapollo

Delaware JP Project #29

Post by amazingapollo » July 9th, 2013, 3:44 pm

Finally got around to taking pics of my 89 YJ project, still researching and trying to save money through each paycheck, I'll be glad to hear tips and feedback from you all!
Attachments
Picture 001.jpg
1989 YJ JP In Progress # unspecified

MErjavac
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Delaware JP Project #29

Post by MErjavac » July 9th, 2013, 3:48 pm

Congrats on a great start to your build! Perfect start platform for building your jeep. Good luck and I can't wait to see the build unfold.
1992 Jurassic Park #18 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4.0 high output I6 4x4
1996 Deep Jewel Green Toyota Supra Turbo & 6-Speed
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX (Daily Driver)

amazingapollo

Post by amazingapollo » July 9th, 2013, 3:50 pm

Pulled out the carpet, Original Owner was a contractor, probably the reason why is was so dirty... Anyways, I cleaned it all out underneath and trashed the ruined gray carpet, discovered where the wires were that he connected to a new speaker system in the back due to failed factory dash speakers, his new speakers are fairly cheap and crappy bass but I can deal with that easy with new dash and center console speakers, anybody know how i can get these rusted up bolts out so I can remove the rear bench?
Attachments
Picture 003.jpg
Picture 002.jpg

amazingapollo

Post by amazingapollo » July 9th, 2013, 3:55 pm

MErjavac wrote:Congrats on a great start to your build! Perfect start platform for building your jeep. Good luck and I can't wait to see the build unfold.
Thanks, I consider it a steal getting this for a little less than $4,000 with 95,000 miles lol, I'll be glad to hear from you with any ideas you have
Still gonna be quite a lot to do, might take a while considering I'm almost 18 with not exactly the best paying job
Last edited by amazingapollo on July 9th, 2013, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amazingapollo

Post by amazingapollo » July 9th, 2013, 4:05 pm

Planning on replacing these worn out seats, not sure if I should use new Bestop Trailmax vinyl seats or attempt to track down movie similar sahara seats with the bags...hmmmm
Also hoping to replace the inside door panels with plain black ones, or do you guys think i should find half doors that has locks and the proper side bags?
Help tracking any of this down, please and thanks!
Attachments
Picture 005.jpg
Picture 004.jpg

MErjavac
Completed JP Jeep

Post by MErjavac » July 9th, 2013, 4:16 pm

amazingapollo wrote:
MErjavac wrote:Congrats on a great start to your build! Perfect start platform for building your jeep. Good luck and I can't wait to see the build unfold.
Thanks, I consider it a steal getting this for a little less than $4,000 with 95,000 miles lol, I'll be glad to hear from you with any ideas you have
Still gonna be quite a lot to do, might take a while considering I'm almost 18 with not exactly the best paying job
Awesome! Are you going for screen accurate or are you going to be doing a custom build? Also do you intend on doing the work yourself? I can send you any info you'll need from my build which I am just about to complete here pretty soon since 18 and 29 are pretty much the same. Since your jeep is pretty much already correct with the running boards and stuff I'd start off by tracking down the Sahara interior with the tan roll bar pads. Plus with the tan top you'll be off to a safe and easy start. I went through Quadratec for a lot of my stuff but they can be pricey just as a heads up.
1992 Jurassic Park #18 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4.0 high output I6 4x4
1996 Deep Jewel Green Toyota Supra Turbo & 6-Speed
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX (Daily Driver)

amazingapollo

Post by amazingapollo » July 9th, 2013, 4:47 pm

@MErjavac
That sounds like a great idea! Message me anytime about anything
Yeah I'm familiar with the sometimes outrageous prices of our Quadratec friends, I suppose I'll go mostly screen accurate besides little things like the radio, possibly update the tire and winch models, the flares are terribly scratched to hell because of where the PO parked it at a construction site, luckily no actual body damage, so I'll probably replace the whole set with flat flares and a metal side step unless when I get it painted the shop can smooth them all out again, I'll post pics to show what I mean, also another small thing is that the roll bars on mine are not the "family style" I think they are called, not sure if I should get into refabricating it to be more square = $$
I would love to do most of this myself but I have no idea how to paint vehicles, most that I'll do is probably the small stuff such as radio/speakers/etc. According to the PO the top is new so I think I'm going to wait till the black wears out to get the spice
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture 010.jpg
Picture 009.jpg
Picture 008.jpg

yj87jp

Post by yj87jp » July 9th, 2013, 6:04 pm

Sweet jeep and I feel your pain about being on a teenage budget, it took me all summer long to save for what I needed and its taking all this summer to save to re do my interior but its all so worth it to walk out the door and know you built something cool, good luck with your build hope it works out for you. 8-)
WE GOT DODSON, WE GOT DODSON HERE!

amazingapollo

Post by amazingapollo » July 9th, 2013, 6:29 pm

yj87jp wrote:Sweet jeep and I feel your pain about being on a teenage budget, it took me all summer long to save for what I needed and its taking all this summer to save to re do my interior but its all so worth it to walk out the door and know you built something cool, good luck with your build hope it works out for you. 8-)
I agree with you, I'm sure I'll be very pleased with the outcome haha, could you message me about your process and how much things were for you? Thanks a lot

bryceaugustine

Post by bryceaugustine » July 10th, 2013, 7:10 am

for rusted stuck bolts i like pb blaster. if you have access to an pneumatic impact that would probably help. if not a decent socket set and cheater bar would do great as well.
Auggie