New Mexico JP Jeep 04!

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Jpdude11

New Mexico JP Jeep 04!

Post by Jpdude11 » June 4th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Well I finally got a jeep, its a black 99 Wrangler TJ , it might not be the same year as the JP jeep, but im fine with that. I got it for 5,900 with a new engine, motor and clutch (its missing all the speakers and speaker covers as well as a radio :p )

as it is right now with my 04 plate from celebrity machines (8-bit sucks)

However it does have an embarresing BAD circular scratch by the hood. witch leads me to decisions:
1. sand down the scratch and then paint the area with rustoleum spray-paint and have a black/red stripe JP jeep
2. Don't fix it save up a lot of $$$$$$ to get a professional beige paintjob so it looks more movie accurate (I know its a 99 but still)

heartyfield

Re: New Mexico JP Jeep 04!

Post by heartyfield » June 4th, 2013, 3:18 pm

If you're serious about it, save the money and go with the correct colors. A TJ done right can look really good.
“You've never heard of Chaos theory? Non-linear equations? Strange attractors? Ms. Sattler, I refuse to believe you're not familiar with the concept of attraction.”
https://www.facebook.com/jurassicparkjeep12athens

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Post by COBrian » June 4th, 2013, 3:18 pm

Tj's can make very good full JP jeeps. JP11 is an awesome example. I say do it right, and get it all done correct, even though TJ is not movie accurate, if you do it full correct other than model, no one will actually know. Whereas if you do black and red, people will be like "what are you trying to do, thats not right"
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO

Jpdude11

Post by Jpdude11 » June 4th, 2013, 5:51 pm

@COBrian how much did it cost for your paintjob on your jeep?
I know a guy and he's really good at painting cars n stuff but im just gonna ask around here on the forum about how much did it cost you guys to paint your jeeps (the right way sanded down and primerd)

one thing that I forgot to mention is that my jeep has no carpet at all whatsoever.
Technically the jeep is my moms she pays the insurance on it, (but im the one that drives it and puts money into it) but as soon as I get my drivers licence (only have a permit now) the insurance will go under my name and ill own it. So being that I am in high school right now and ill have to drive my siblings to school to the first thing that ill have to do is buy and install a pair of Step bars/nerf bars/running boards/ whatever you call them :p, then after that : paint job time! :mrgreen:

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Post by COBrian » June 5th, 2013, 8:26 am

My jeep hasn't been painted... yet... The jeep was already champagne which is close to sand beige, and the red stripes are temporary plastidip. Its holding up ok, but NOT a long term solution. My neighbors brother owns a paint shop, need to make an appointment and go see what he is going to charge me.

jbc455
Completed JP Jeep

Post by jbc455 » June 5th, 2013, 1:19 pm

Jpdude11 wrote:as it is right now with my 04 plate from celebrity machines (8-bit sucks)
I agree the 8-bit plate only looks ok from 15' away, but their decals are fine. They're sticking quite well to the Plasti-dip on my Jeep. They also made my side numbers in tan which is pretty close to my base color.

My door decals are from ratrace427. He called them discards but they look plenty good enough for me.
1994 Wrangler SE 4.0, automatic, 150k and still going strong.

Jpdude11

Post by Jpdude11 » June 7th, 2013, 4:45 pm

:?: Hey guys I was wondering if The YJ seats will fit on a TJ, is there any difference in how they mount to the sliding brackets or no? :?:

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Post by COBrian » June 7th, 2013, 6:18 pm

I think they bolt right to the brackets, but am not 100% sure, but I swear when you look at ones at quadratec tj and yj seats are the same.

jbc455
Completed JP Jeep

Post by jbc455 » June 7th, 2013, 6:26 pm

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere about someone buying a seat that said "fits YJ & TJ". They were peeved they had to buy additional brackets to make the seats fit their TJ.

Hopefully someone knows for sure or has tried it.
1994 Wrangler SE 4.0, automatic, 150k and still going strong.

Jpdude11

Post by Jpdude11 » June 10th, 2013, 2:19 pm

I might just buy black and beige seat covers, because I cannot find sahara seats for a good price, I found a set on ebay for 1500 :shock: ...........................

BTW I also found (what I think) a great alternative to the jabasco lights :mrgreen: :
:arrow: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330913200091

Also were the rear amber color fog lights KC's? or another company because I found these too:
:arrow: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400472460497