UK Wrangler #27

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
captainwow

UK Wrangler #27

Post by captainwow » June 3rd, 2013, 5:02 pm

So, I've FINALLY got a Wrangler! As anyone in the UK knows, getting a decent one of these over here is no easy task. they are RARE!

I was looking for a YJ Sahara so I could build a proper replica, but this came up (off a mate) for the right price so I just couldn't say no. It's a 2000 4.0 Sport, with 44k on the clock, and has had an absolute fortune spent on it. This is how it looks right now:

As you can see, it's fairly modified (tastefully though) whcih has cost a literal fortune for the previous owner.

Originally I was planning on painting it up, but it's just far far too clean to do it to! So, I'm keeping it black, and I'm going to do it as #27 "RAPTOR TEAM" vehicle. Standard graphics on doors, numbers on wings/bonnet etc, and (somewhere) the RAPTOR TEAM decals in red. There'll be a gun rack (which I can't put any guns in due to our ridiculous gun laws and the fact I don't really want to go to prison!) between the seats in the back, the spotlights on the screen supports will be mounted so they can swivel etc, and a few other trick features as I go along. Can't decide whether to paint the bumpers black, as I think the chrome looks a bit too blingy!

I'm VERY excited about this! Had the roof off it tonight and drove it around town etc-it was amazing! Plus people love it! It's not something you ever see on the roads over here, even standard...
Last edited by captainwow on June 11th, 2013, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

yj87jp

Re: UK Wrangler #27-Raptor Team

Post by yj87jp » June 3rd, 2013, 7:14 pm

Congrats on the find, stinging them topless is the only way to go its like a big 4x4 go cart, and just my 2 cents I would paint the bumpers black or red, red would look pretty interesting
WE GOT DODSON, WE GOT DODSON HERE!

captainwow

Post by captainwow » June 4th, 2013, 1:08 am

Thanks :-) . Yeah I absolutely love it with the roof off, it's just a shame I've got full size doors. Half size seem to be crazy expensive for these!

I hadn't thought about red, I might have to photoshop that and have a look, thanks for the idea :-(

captainwow

Post by captainwow » June 4th, 2013, 6:39 am

First proper bit ordered today;the front plate from Celebrity Machines. The rear will have an InGen one, which I'll velcro over the standard one for shows/events. I'm ordering a set of US sized plates for it, to make that a bit easier.

Stlrams53
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Stlrams53 » June 5th, 2013, 1:56 pm

Painting the bumpers black would be pretty cool looking ! Chrome just dosent have that JP feel to it BUT i could see it looking pretty cool aswell with the chrome. =)
1999 Sahara Jeep #11
RedHannya/JPToys97@Youtube

captainwow

Post by captainwow » June 5th, 2013, 2:15 pm

I know, I'm really torn on what to do! I think I'll do the decals etc then decide what to do about it.

Door decals ordered today (BIG thanks to Stlrams53 for helping me with all that!) ,so they'll be going on saturday :)

captainwow

Post by captainwow » June 7th, 2013, 12:05 pm

I picked up the door decals today. Really impressed with them. The company that did them is literally a mile down the road from my old man, and it turns out the guy loves JP, so double bonus. They've come out really well, and are printed rather than layered. They're going on tomorrow, along with the removal of some of the decals already on the car :) .

The colour looks a bit saturated in the pics, but it's really not.

Jpdude11

Post by Jpdude11 » June 7th, 2013, 12:36 pm

Nice! its coming along very good

captainwow

Post by captainwow » June 7th, 2013, 12:44 pm

Thanks :) . I haven't really done anything yet, and it'll be a gradual process, but I'm looking forward to it. I know it's not exactly screen accurate, but I'm trying to make it look like it would have been used if the park were real, if that makes sense.

captainwow

Re: UK Wrangler #27-Raptor Team-DOOR DECALS ON

Post by captainwow » June 8th, 2013, 4:22 pm

So, today we fitted the door decals, and removed the ones from the hood and wings. Looks so much better, and I know it's early days and some people aren't a fan as it's black, but I think it's starting to take shape. When my JP plate arrives I'll rip the front plate off, which will tidy up the front no end.

Weapon lxxxi is very kindly doing me some photoshops so I can decide which way to go with the graphics, which I'm really looking forward to seeing!

A friend of mine in the army has managed to "acquire" a proper NATO spec gun rack, which sits between/behind the front seats in WMIK Land Rovers, so that'll be painted up and made to fit soon too, along with camo netting etc for shows and events.

Here are a few more pics from today. Please bear in kind it's a WIP, but honest opinions are welcome, I'm very thick skinned!