CT JP15 -

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Re: CT JP15 -

Post by ratrace427 » April 9th, 2015, 5:34 am

"crapnuggets"?....what did you find? If you didnt already know you can apply straight power to the winch from the battery. Depending on the the way you hook it up determines the direction it will run. The control box just reverses the polarity of the power to the motor.
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

fantomas
Completed JP Jeep

Post by fantomas » April 9th, 2015, 9:03 pm

I was unspooling the cable and it turned out to be a rats nest. I couldn't pull out any more of the cable because where it was at in the picture, that wire sticking out had like 5 other wires wrapped over it so it wasn't goin anywhere. Luckily, off to the left of the spool it was wrapped up high enough to the edge and there was just enough slack that I was able to get some of the cable off the side there. It wasn't pretty, but I was able to unspool the entire thing and untangle the mess.

fantomas
Completed JP Jeep

Post by fantomas » June 9th, 2015, 3:44 am

Almost done refurbishing the winch. I think these are the only pictures I have of the process (aside from the cable fiasco). I really wish I took better care of how I took it apart. I'm pretty sure everything is right, but I doubt I have enough faith in it holding up if I ever had to actually use it. For that reason, I'm just going to use it as a decorative piece. Once I get the cable spooled back on it, I'll probably just run some power cables connected to the motor and terminating to nothing in the engine bay, leaving the solenoid completely off.
4.jpg
4.jpg (137.8 KiB) Viewed 8017 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (84.91 KiB) Viewed 8017 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (85.88 KiB) Viewed 8017 times
Looking much better after a fresh coat of paint. It's had a couple weeks time to cure so it's pretty durable for the most part. It's now mounted to the correct Ramsey/YJ winch plate. Just need to pick up some bolts for mounting the fairlead and respool the cable and then onto the Jeep it will go.
1.jpg
1.jpg (131.57 KiB) Viewed 8017 times
I MAY be parking it on the sidewalk for the Thursday night premiere after all, and there is a car show the day before, so I HOPE to get this all done by then but there are thunderstorms in the forecast for today so we'll see...