Boomerjinks' Jeep 18

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Boomerjinks' Jeep 18

Post by Boomerjinks » September 30th, 2011, 8:42 pm

Thanks Tony, I can't tell you how much that means to me.

supersleuth17

Post by supersleuth17 » September 30th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Thats a real bummer man. I'm sorry to see something like that happen to such a great work of art. However I have to ask did anyone of the guests mention the damage out loud? And if so tell me you said that a dino did it.
I am real. I am all together. I am a guy. This makes me: The Frood!

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » October 1st, 2011, 3:57 pm

Boomerjinks wrote:Thanks Tony, I can't tell you how much that means to me.
Well 24 hours alter I just checked the thread......this story IS getting around and people are pretty unhappy.
Don't thank me.....just one of many!!
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

MonsterTrac

Post by MonsterTrac » October 17th, 2011, 10:31 am

Wow Boomerjinks, sorry to hear (read) what happened to your Jeep! I would be furious if my baby came back to me like that.
Hopefully TellTale at least gives you something. Maybe a free version of the game ;)

Also, on a side note, anyone notice that the Jeep headlights are circular in the video game! WTF!
Not that I have anything against modern day TJ's and XJ's headlights, but if TellTale indicates they're making a game of Jurassic Park, then we should all expect YJ correct rectangular headlights d*mmit :mrgreen:

PaulRevere1991
Completed JP Jeep

Post by PaulRevere1991 » October 17th, 2011, 1:23 pm

copyright is why the headlights and grill are different.
and xj's have square headlights and were produced only until 2001. i think you meant jk

MonsterTrac

Post by MonsterTrac » October 17th, 2011, 1:37 pm

lol yes, I did indeed mean JK :oops:

That's too bad about copyright laws.
I mean, if they managed to secure a big license like Jurassic Park, why didn't they secure Jeep while they were at it :roll: we can only wonder (money, time, etc).
Oh well, looking forward to the game. I'm sure someone will make a PC mod to fix the jeep :D

ps: Boomerjinks, you need to inform TellTale to send you free copies for you and all your forum buddies for some compensation :lol:

SBF

Post by SBF » November 5th, 2011, 11:58 pm

Sorry to hear about your Jeep Boomerjinks. I would have thought that they would have taken better care of it. It looks pretty bad in the pictures. :(
1995 Jeep Cherokee
2003 Dodge Durango

Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Boomerjinks » November 11th, 2011, 5:37 pm

DINO DAMAGE UPDATE

Progressive estimator thinks $1700 will fix all the damage to the Jeep. Thank god I still have my original paint cans for color-matching, however it comes out will be far less-fucked than if they had to guess.

My deductible is $1000, so Progressive has sent a letter of subrogation to TellTale for $1000, and a check to me for the rest. TellTale has 90 days to comply before it goes to collections. 90 days from now I hope to be pulling my jeep out of storage and driving around the still-not-quite-warm-enough-but-fuck-it-I-miss-my-Jeep weather of Colorado spring, not sticking it in a paint booth for a month.

I'd really just like to take the fuckers to small claims court and hit them for the cost of repainting the whole thing to get it back up to show-quality, but I don't even know if I'd have a leg to stand on what with nothing being in writing. Do judges tend to side with whoever seems to have been the most generous (and naive) in the case?

Game launches in 4 days.

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » November 11th, 2011, 6:15 pm

I think if you took it to small claims court, laid out the situation, the details and your side of the story in general you'd get a very fair hearing from the judge.
TellTale asked, you accepted under certain stipulations...those were not followed and thus you're stuck with $1,700 in damages.

Now TellTale can come back with a better attorney saying how there is nothing in writing, but you can follow up with 'they signed for the Jeep ignoring the damage and were thus negligent' and see where that goes.

The cost to file a claim.....it's low enough to be worth it. They may pay up just to avoid having to send someone to represent them.
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

teckman02

Post by teckman02 » November 11th, 2011, 8:01 pm

i say take them to court