Boomerjinks' Jeep 18

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
jamespero

Re: Boomerjinks' Jeep 18

Post by jamespero » September 5th, 2011, 9:51 am

Boomerjinks wrote:
RoberTrauma wrote:Instead of a stencil why not a magnet of sorts? It would be simpler to place and remove?
What are you talking about?

LOL That's exactly what I was thinking...
James Pero
1995 YJ Sahara, 4.0L 5spd

supersleuth17

Post by supersleuth17 » September 14th, 2011, 11:00 pm

Im interested in your sounds. I have been looking all day and could only find a few "ok" downloadable dino sounds. Where did you find yours?
I am real. I am all together. I am a guy. This makes me: The Frood!

Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Boomerjinks » September 15th, 2011, 1:00 pm

Mine are pulled straight from the movie, with almost no editing.

supersleuth17

Post by supersleuth17 » September 15th, 2011, 9:52 pm

I had seen that before but the issue is that I dont have an android.
I am real. I am all together. I am a guy. This makes me: The Frood!

Roland Tembo

Post by Roland Tembo » September 28th, 2011, 7:30 pm

What kind of shotgun / modification kit did you use to get something similair in looks to a Franchi SPAS-12?

Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Boomerjinks » September 28th, 2011, 9:43 pm

That was the merger of two airsoft SPAS12s. The body is the right size, but didn't have the folding stock. So I bought a smaller airsoft SPAS that had the folding stock, and swapped it to the larger body.

Also, PAX RECAP!

I got a pretty neat opportunity this summer. TellTale put out word that they were looking for a Jurassic Park Jeep, and I was one of the few who answered the call. After a few phone discussions we struck a deal. In exchange for enclosed, insured transport both ways, TellTale could have access to my Jeep for their booth at PAX!

I spent most of August sprucing up the Jeep so it looked "brand-new" for the Expo. Painted the wheels, installed new soft top hardware, new tires, new license plates, and a lot more. On August 19th I cleaned up the Jeep as best I could to get it ready for Seattle.

It was the best it looked for quite a while!

I met up with the transport near my work, I was a little dismayed to see that the transport was not covered, but if I didn't let them take it then we would not be able to arrange proper transport to get to Seattle in time.

The following Thursday I flew out to Seattle arrived at the convention center to make sure the Jeep had made it. The Jeep had arrived earlier in the day, and a member of TellTale signed for it when taking the delivery. Unfortunately, the trip to Seattle was quite catastrophic and my paint job was toast. Here's what I saw during my walkaround.

Hardly ideal:(

But, that was when I got to see the booth for the first time. Absolutely INCREDIBLE! "Spared no expense," for sure!

One of my regrets is not getting a picture of the Jeep poking through that gate. Ah well.

Great shot of Chaos Theory observing that "they" do in fact "move in herds."

See? Herds!

Soooo cool!

Great big, better view

Pretty interesting week. Looks like everyone that saw the booth thoroughly enjoyed it.
Last edited by Boomerjinks on May 15th, 2012, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Railtech
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Railtech » September 28th, 2011, 10:14 pm

Very nice booth, never seen one that nice before! I bet that trail cover did most of that damage to the paint. Any reason you didn't put your regular top on?
93 YJ Sahara/JP29 WIP

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » September 28th, 2011, 10:17 pm

Sorry to see that the Jeep took a beating during the road trip. :(
My seats are also ripped up the same, I may end up having them remade from new materials so it lasts longer and wont have a faded look.

Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Boomerjinks » September 28th, 2011, 10:25 pm

Railtech wrote:Very nice booth, never seen one that nice before! I bet that trail cover did most of that damage to the paint. Any reason you didn't put your regular top on?
I don't normally keep the soft top in the Jeep, and TellTale told me they'd arranged an enclosed transport. I asked the carrier guys if the cover would be okay, and they recommended it. Apparently a big concern with convertibles is oil dripping from the car above them.