Boomerjinks' Jeep 18

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
KLindebrekke

Re: Boomerjinks' Jeep 18

Post by KLindebrekke » November 17th, 2011, 11:18 am

I've been following what transpired, and I have to say, since I work next door (actually we share a dock/warehouse) to a shipping & transport company, I've seen this kind of thing all to often. Honestly, the shippers don't give a damn, the drivers could care less, and so long as the insurance company can blame someone else, thereby not paying out a claim, they consider thier job done. Its a damn shame, no one the shipping industry has any decency anymore, or the common courtesy to step up and accept responsibility. I really do hope everything works out, though I imagine Telltale is not going to be thrilled to pay out the damages, etc., JP:TG isn't exactly flying off the shelves.

Ecto-DMC

Post by Ecto-DMC » December 6th, 2011, 11:17 pm

So what is the Good Or bad word on this Boomer?
Roads Where were going a Delorean will never go, BUT a JEEP sure will!.

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » December 6th, 2011, 11:49 pm

I'd like to know as well. Have they done good on their promise?

Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Boomerjinks » March 28th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Made some new friends at a local dino museum. Looking forward to partnering with them in the future!

The Jeep also made it into a comic by The Oatmeal not too long ago, just a brief cameo.

I loaned the Jeep out to a local hotel owner who has been renovating his hotel with an amazing dinosaur theme. It's going to be really spectacular.

Had the Jeep on display at Denver Comic Con last year, I'm hoping to do a bit better with the display for 2013.

Also had the Jeep in a pretty big rod and custom car show back in November with the Colorado Movie Cars.

Simple but fun.

Also, kind of OT but I figure it's better to post in this thread than to start a new one. In 2010 I started a charity program called Ecto Tours. The premise involves using my Ecto-1 Magnum replica as a limo between haunted houses. Tickets to haunts cost the same amount, but the money all goes to Children's Hospital Colorado. In 2010 we raised about $600. In 2011 I raised about $2000. For 2012 I wanted to hit the 5k mark. We ended up raising $10,750.

This year we got a few extra cars involved and really had a good time with it. Utterly exhausting, as I was out almost every single night in October and ended up driving well over a thousand miles, but worth it.

I have plans to do something similar to this with the Jeep this spring, but I don't want to jinx it by talking about things that have yet to happen. The tours were incredibly rewarding. Each of you knows how much fun it is to cruise around in a movie car, and I think that sharing that experience with others is one of the best things you can do. If you're interested in doing this with your vehicles, I'm happy to provide advice to help you avoid some of the pitfalls I encountered.

So yeah, should be a good summer!

yj87jp

Post by yj87jp » March 29th, 2013, 8:32 am

Sweet, really good of you to donate the money :)
WE GOT DODSON, WE GOT DODSON HERE!

Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Boomerjinks » April 16th, 2013, 7:25 pm

Not a big update, but still kind of cool.

A few weeks into March I was contacted via the Colorado Movie Cars facebook page by someone who was incredibly interested in taking the Jeep to the premiere of Jurassic Park 3D. This person described him and his friends as huge JP fans, and went into great detail about the costumes they had planned. It's not uncommon for me to receive offers to rent the cars (which I don't do) or to drive people around, and for years I have refused payment for whatever services I provide so long as the money originally offered goes to a charity. EctoberFest is a prime example of this. So we brainstormed and came up with the idea of donating the "fare" to Dinosaur Ridge, a Fossil Area National Natural Landmark located in Morrison, Colorado, just west of Denver. The money would go to enabling underprivileged kids visit the museum and see the fossilized dino tracks for free!

As it turned out, one of the people riding in the Jeep was Neyla Pekarek, a musician in a band called The Lumineers! She was decked out as Ian Malcolm, and her friends rounded off the group as Timmy, John Hammond, and Donald Gennaro.

I was out of town for a wedding on the day of the premiere, so another member of Colorado Movie Cars stepped up and did the driving. He took them for a spin through downtown Denver, where they had a good time with the roaring dino horn, and then they were dropped off for the film. Great stuff!

Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Boomerjinks » July 7th, 2013, 9:45 pm

In 2009, Colorado Movie Cars took our first group picture.

We shot our second group photo last weekend.

Colorado Movie Cars members present: Bluesmobile, General Lee, Ecto-Magnum, Starsky and Hutch Torino, Umbrella Corporation Unit, Initial-D AE86, Squad 51, Bearcat (spousal honorary member), American Graffiti 1932 Coupe, Bumblebee, Black Beauty (in-progress), spy-themed Alpine, Herbie the Love Porsche, Highlander Citroen, 2008 KITT, General Lee again, Doc Hudson, and Jurassic Park Jeep.

Absentee CMC vehicles: Batman Vespa, Blue Angels Trans-Am, Bumblebee #2, Cold Warrior Jeep, Death Proof Nova, FLCL Vespa, third General Lee, GI Joe motorcycle, Hazzard County Sheriff, classic Herbie, New Herbie, Initial-D Mazda Rx-7, Jurassic Jeep #29, Jurassic Jeep #18, classic KITT, Magnum PI Ferrari, Pursuit Special, Supernatural Impala, Pizza Planet truck and the Mystery Machine.

yj87jp

Post by yj87jp » July 8th, 2013, 8:38 am

:shock: :shock: that is amazing!
WE GOT DODSON, WE GOT DODSON HERE!

MErjavac
Completed JP Jeep

Post by MErjavac » July 8th, 2013, 5:34 pm

Seeing all these movie cars with the complete JP Jeep is so over whelming lol. Totally awesome!
1992 Jurassic Park #18 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4.0 high output I6 4x4
1996 Deep Jewel Green Toyota Supra Turbo & 6-Speed
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX (Daily Driver)

jbc455
Completed JP Jeep

Post by jbc455 » July 8th, 2013, 9:58 pm

That's some first-class fundraising. Feels good doesn't it? I love your haunted house idea.

On a slightly different note I've turned my Christmas light show into a Make-A-Wish fundraiser and have collected over $22,000 in donations in 4 years.
1994 Wrangler SE 4.0, automatic, 150k and still going strong.