ncreptile JP 08

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
ncreptile

ncreptile JP 08

Post by ncreptile » March 1st, 2010, 4:15 pm

Just throwing some pics of what it looked like to begin with and after painting. It was a pain in the butt sanding it,cleaning and then painting and we chose the wrong paint color it turned out a creamish white and red. However it only cost me a total over $100 to paint it. It in my words became the "Candy Cane Jeep", that or ghost busters, or if I went to the beach a life guards jeep. I didnt know how it would look with the decals on and the rest painted.
But heres it when it started a 94 Sahara in a Green color, the entire inside was perfect and the exact match for the movie but as you can see the green was not.

So far its been painted and decals have been put on. All thats left for the outside is the wheels need to be painted, a new top and a whip antenna along with JP LP and Rearview mirror JP tag. I am not getting a light bar just because im at a point in my life where I dont have a bunch of cash to throw around so whats there will have to do.

Below is the green before and a picture just after painting(when the top still worked fine heh). Please keep in mind it looks ALOT better now that its been "polished" as the pictures the red and white is very dull and the paint as greyed quite a bit since then.

Will post some pics of how it looks with decals just as soon as I can get a new top. Had one coming but the guy scammed me so im now broke and everything has been halted because of the bad economy.
Things im planning on doing in the near future
Replacing Window(cracked)
New Top(old one looks like a raptor got to it, and thats what I have been telling people)
Painting Wheels
Replacing Intrument Cluster Lights with green.
Replacing the fog lights(not currently working)
Whip Antenna
JP Tag and Rearview mirror tag.
2 inch lift(this is a MAYBE) kinda want to beef the jeep up some.
Dye the carpet a dark green and paint the side doors which have faded quite a bit.

Next year or so replace the carpet with bed liner.

It looks 200% better with the decals on and imo just as good with the white/grey and red as the grey/tan red in the movie.

More pics and info to come.
Last edited by ncreptile on May 11th, 2010, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wish people would stop turning random cars into JP "jeeps". Come on, its a jeep for a reason.

sahara93
Completed JP Jeep

Re: ncreptile JP 08

Post by sahara93 » March 1st, 2010, 4:29 pm

that looks pretty good
did you get around to painting the wheels yet?

ncreptile

Post by ncreptile » March 1st, 2010, 5:16 pm

No, trying to get a new top for it first.

just hasnt been my month, gf loses the only $150 we had, now the emergency break isnt working, the back light needs to be replaced, the window is cracking at a fast rate and it needs a new top as the old one is shredded to pieces. On top of that im broke.

So the entire project has been halted but its VERY near being completed. Just needs the JP tag, whip antenna and the wheels painted on the outside.
Last edited by ncreptile on May 11th, 2010, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wish people would stop turning random cars into JP "jeeps". Come on, its a jeep for a reason.

ncreptile

Post by ncreptile » March 21st, 2010, 4:26 pm

Ok so I plan on finishing the project next week! I know it looks ugly in the pictures(every time I look at that white and red im like UHG). But it really does look somewhat darker now and looks very good(the decals really do the work).

Im going to post a picture of it with the decals in a tomorrow, keep in mind it is VERY dirty and hasnt been washed in about 2 months.

Next on my list
Paint the wheels, this should be done next week.
New Top and Tag, baught the tag and its on the way, its the "red" instead of the yellow, just a personal choice no real reason. Purchasing the new top tomorrow!

And then the outside is done, im not doing a whip antenna as this is a daily driver and just dont have time or money for it, not a light bar either.

For the inside im pretty much leaving everything alone, im going to replace the intrument lights with green ones as I believe chumpman did in on his, mine are dead basically and I am going to replace the original center green console(the lid and lock are broken) with just another console, some new floor mats and thats it!

So its almost done, going to take that picture so you can see just how much better it looks now.
Last edited by ncreptile on May 11th, 2010, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grnjp88

Post by grnjp88 » March 21st, 2010, 7:38 pm

Looks fantastic. Kudos!
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara °lllll°
1969 VW Beetle Sedan (O\U|U/O)

ncreptile

Post by ncreptile » March 22nd, 2010, 1:07 am

grnjp88 wrote:Looks fantastic. Kudos!
Looks like crap, the pics I will give finished it will look fantastic :P
Thanks though!

Pic coming tomorrow.

sdkscorp

Post by sdkscorp » March 22nd, 2010, 5:19 am

NICE JOB!!!
jurassic park jeep JP 4 baja

ncreptile

Post by ncreptile » March 22nd, 2010, 12:39 pm

Ok here it is, looks alot better right?
Once I have a chance to wash it and paint wheels I will take a final pic later this week to show you the outside with the top on.

Then it will be inside work.
Last edited by ncreptile on May 11th, 2010, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kadgarth

Post by Kadgarth » March 22nd, 2010, 4:44 pm

Looks awesome. Once you do the wheels it'll look really nice.
1987 AMC Wrangler
2007 Dodge Charger

ncreptile

Post by ncreptile » March 31st, 2010, 3:25 pm

ITS DONE

Just to give you an idea of how white it is, these are not my "pro" pictures. Waiting for the grass to be green and to find myself to the blue ridge parkway for some better pictures.