I started a GoFundMe

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Jeep3NC

Re: I started a GoFundMe

Post by Jeep3NC » February 25th, 2017, 2:11 pm

Then sure, If it's makes you feel better I'm a millennial. Proud to be actually. :lol:

Jeep3NC

Post by Jeep3NC » February 25th, 2017, 2:16 pm

You guys are great. Lol

Nick727

Post by Nick727 » February 28th, 2017, 9:26 am

Wow this kind of brutal reading... He didn't mean to offend anyone. He removed it. Everyone has feelings and opinions on things. You can share them without being hateful. It's called being an adult. Plus if you didn't want to "donate" you simply don't. This Millennial term falls into almost all age groups now. Grow up people. He came here as a fan. This is not how this community should be acting.
Must go faster...

Valvany

Post by Valvany » February 28th, 2017, 3:07 pm

I agree! It's a bit harsh what has been said about the millennial stuff,no reason being a dick about it. What I also agree about is the fact that a Gofundme is not the way to start a JP jeep project. Why would you expect someone would want to pay you for making a toy (which in the end,for most of us,is!),simply because you are a broke. In life you have to set priorities and if you have to pay bill after bill,with no reserve to buy something for yourself,a JP Jeep is not for you at the moment! Don't forget,buying a car is one thing,maintaining it is another,and in the long run,a jeep can get expensive!
To end on a positive note : don't give up your dream,you will get there someday!

rujero
Vehicle Make/Model: 2005 Jeep TJU - MT

Post by rujero » March 2nd, 2017, 8:50 pm

While I sympathize with your financial situation and share your desires to build a JP Jeep, I'm glad you took the GoFundMe page down. People are on there desperately hoping to pay medical bills, rebuild houses after fires ect and your page was kind of like putting salt in their wounds.

You're a young guy like me, and young guys typically have lots of other priorities and little disposable income. Don't give up on your dream, though. Maybe you and I will build our JP Jeeps someday too! In the mean time... welcome and enjoy the forums.

-r
2005 Jeep Wrangler TJU, MT - Boston MA

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » March 19th, 2017, 6:47 am

I had to look up the year range of the generations. It says 1982 is the start of millennials. I thought the info was interesting and somewhat subjective. Gen X came after the baby boomers. I was born in 82 but have always classified myself as X due to my parents being boomers. It wasnt till 2004 that the term was created. interesting
I am John Sisemore on Facebook