JP21 build- Gainesville, FL

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Espo78

Re: JP21 build- Gainesville, FL

Post by Espo78 » March 28th, 2017, 8:41 pm

ratrace427 wrote:yes, the plastic speedo gear is in the transmission. That trans fluid looked like it was mostly water =( so i would pull the gear and see if its missing teeth. If you dont already know the gears are different colors depending on how many teeth they have. The teeth number should be stated on the gear somewhere.
I know you meant transfer case but just so everyone's on the same page.... ;)

Stubby

Post by Stubby » March 30th, 2017, 7:32 pm

Yeah keep the updates coming always fun to see what people come up with.

Espo78

Post by Espo78 » April 23rd, 2017, 3:14 pm

Today with the help of some of my buddies I got the U joints on the front driveshaft changed and also changed the transfer case fluid again. It still had a little water in it so I will probably do another flush in a few weeks. But I took it out and for the first time since I bought it I was able to engage the 4wd and everything works perfectly. Even 4 low was smooth to engage. I call today a success.

Espo78

Post by Espo78 » April 29th, 2017, 9:18 pm

Today's update is small. I bought some misc. small parts from Qtec and installed them. Front bumper ends, Dome light buttons for the doors, drain plugs, Hood latches and a new taillight (not installed).

To be honest the parts were cheap, totalling about $60 for everything, so I'm not sure why I'm disappointed in the quality. One of the dome light switches is already broken, the hood latches are cheap and include silver nuts and bolts while the factory piece had a cleaner stud and bolt giving an all black appearance. The Quadratec brand tail light I ordered is actually larger than the factory one, so I can't really install it unless I order a passenger side to match. I guess I should not have assumed it would be identical to the Jeep one, but I did.

Espo78

Post by Espo78 » July 9th, 2018, 11:27 am

Wow hey guys it's been awhile. I haven't really done much to the Jeep since the last post unfortunately. Life has kinda gotten in the way and I don't think I'll be able to continue doing a JP build.

I'm probably going to list the Jeep for sale officially soon, but if anyone still reads this forum $7000 will take it home today!

RustyRodder

Post by RustyRodder » July 9th, 2018, 2:36 pm

Sorry to hear its going! But somebody will satch it up!
JP25- Jurassic Park Maintenance, 1988 Jeep Comanche
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2680