Athens, Georgia - Jeep 12. Build Thread

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
heartyfield

Re: Athens, Georgia - Jeep 12. Build Thread

Post by heartyfield » April 5th, 2013, 12:11 pm

Thanks!

Was really wanting to go to IMAX, but it would have been hard to get my group up there so we're going to go to one of the local theaters here in Athens this time. I'll give you a heads up if that changes, though.
“You've never heard of Chaos theory? Non-linear equations? Strange attractors? Ms. Sattler, I refuse to believe you're not familiar with the concept of attraction.”
https://www.facebook.com/jurassicparkjeep12athens

heartyfield

Post by heartyfield » May 2nd, 2013, 4:30 pm

So, I left the Jeep out in the elements the other night and when I got back from work the next day there was quite a few gallons of water that had collected on the soft top. It looks as if it has stretched it out some **ugggghhh** Has anyone else had this problem? Besides parking it in the garage, I really can't think of a way to keep it from happening.
“You've never heard of Chaos theory? Non-linear equations? Strange attractors? Ms. Sattler, I refuse to believe you're not familiar with the concept of attraction.”

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » May 2nd, 2013, 6:18 pm

That is strange. My jeep sits out all the time and there is no way for any water to collect on top.It is so tight i can barley get the zippers and snaps into position. Do you have the middle support that runs overhead side to side?
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » May 2nd, 2013, 9:07 pm

heartyfield wrote:So, I left the Jeep out in the elements the other night and when I got back from work the next day there was quite a few gallons of water that had collected on the soft top. It looks as if it has stretched it out some **ugggghhh** Has anyone else had this problem? Besides parking it in the garage, I really can't think of a way to keep it from happening.

What brand is your soft top?

heartyfield

Post by heartyfield » May 3rd, 2013, 8:18 am

Hummmm, mine was pretty tight, but I did have it parked at a slight angle. The support bar with the foam? It looks like it is locked in, IDK.

It's a factory style Besttop with Rugged Ridge factory hardware.

Since it originally happened, the top has went back somewhat, however there is still a slight "dip" between that support bar and where it goes into the windshield.

heartyfield

Post by heartyfield » May 3rd, 2013, 12:27 pm

Okay, I have another question. My sidesteps came in yesterday and when I was unboxing them, I noticed that on the very end next to where the side step comes close to the rear finder, there was a bolt, but there is no spot on the body for that bolt to go. I'll try to take a picture when I get home, but anyone that has taken their steps off or have put them onto a non-Sahara, how did you go about doing that?

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » May 5th, 2013, 6:16 am

Mine is a non Sahara, I just bolted the support bit in that you step on, then marked all the holes that needed drilling in the body. Took the step off drilled the holes, put it back on & bolted it all up. Easy :)

heartyfield

Post by heartyfield » May 6th, 2013, 8:15 am

Oh cool. I'll get that last hole drilled, then. Not really looking forward to getting the paint gun out again.....

heartyfield

Post by heartyfield » May 14th, 2013, 8:24 am

Added the "Jeep" stickers that I bought off of ebay:
20130513_235628.jpg
20130513_235628.jpg (69.21 KiB) Viewed 12667 times
20130513_235615.jpg
20130513_235615.jpg (68.86 KiB) Viewed 12667 times

jbc455
Completed JP Jeep

Post by jbc455 » May 14th, 2013, 10:16 am

What are you parked on in the last pic?
1994 Wrangler SE 4.0, automatic, 150k and still going strong.