JP 12 in Fairbanks Alaska

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
sfuflash23

JP 12 in Fairbanks Alaska

Post by sfuflash23 » January 3rd, 2013, 11:53 pm

Hey everyone, from my introduction everyone probably knows that up here in Alaska, one does not get many opportunities to find a YJ...a Sahara YJ none the less. Well just yesterday one was posted to craigslist down in Kenai. Im in Fairbanks so that about an 8 hour drive or a $300 flight. But its a 95 Sahara with the green trail cloth seats and the sandy beige body color. It is an automatic and I want to make a #12 so it would be more screen accurate than a manual. its also the first year with the galvanized chassis so thats a big plus, even though Alaska doesn't use salt on the roads, we use gravel (so instead of you car rusting, you tend to lose a windshield every other year, but thats better than rusting in my opinion). Only things I foresee as potential problems, from the picture, is that its suspension has been modified as well as the bumpers. Here is the kicker though...only 79,000 miles!!! verified by autocheck and carfax so hopefully thats accurate. Posted a Pic to see what everyone thought and more are coming tomorrow, the guy is going to email them to me. I know its my jeep and its what I will make of it, but please feel free to throw comments out there. The price is $7,000...a bit high, but if the miles are really that low Im game....plus it might be years till I see another one of these. Ive been searching for almost a year and a half and have only ever found 2 saharas that still had the green seats...this one and one that someone didn't want to sell. Alot of that $7,000 is due to the upgrades that I unfortunately will not be using :( This is going to be my largest vehicle project and a lot of you have been there and done that with you jeeps and have experience with a lot of the troubles so please feel free to give your opinions on whether you think this is worth the effort.Thanks everyone,

Jim
Attachments
Here she is...
Here she is...
wrangler.jpg (32.26 KiB) Viewed 12660 times
Last edited by sfuflash23 on January 27th, 2013, 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Does someone go out in the park and pull up the dinosaurs skirts?

yj87jp

Re: I Think Ive Struck Gold! Sort of

Post by yj87jp » January 4th, 2013, 7:40 am

Looks cool, and a yj with low miles (they do exist) and what is that black box on the side step
WE GOT DODSON, WE GOT DODSON HERE!

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » January 5th, 2013, 1:50 pm

If you have the money I say go for it. Especially with them being that rare there. Good luck either way.
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Boomerjinks » January 15th, 2013, 12:20 am

Fairbanks? I say you go sand beige with icy blue stripes and do up a logo with a mastodon that reads "Cenozoic Park."

sfuflash23

Post by sfuflash23 » January 16th, 2013, 4:28 pm

Looks like I'm gonna be playing with photoshop tonight after work.

Ecto-DMC

Post by Ecto-DMC » January 23rd, 2013, 4:39 am

HEHE I lived In North Pole for Years I was stationed at Nellis AFB attached to the 355th FS A-10 unit want to move back so bad now that im retired but the wife hated it Ohwell.....

Good luck with the Jeep looks good by the way

Cameron
Roads Where were going a Delorean will never go, BUT a JEEP sure will!.

PaulRevere1991
Completed JP Jeep

Post by PaulRevere1991 » January 26th, 2013, 2:18 pm

95 is the champagne color that is similar, but not the same.
sandy beige was a 92 only color.
Looks like a good hit otherwise, hardest thing for me to find was the interior, and since you have that, anything is possible.

sfuflash23

Post by sfuflash23 » January 27th, 2013, 3:47 am

well its official, I bought the Jeep! Going to start documenting the build for everyone to follow if they want.

PaulRevere1991
Completed JP Jeep

Re: JP 12 in Fairbanks Alaska

Post by PaulRevere1991 » January 27th, 2013, 4:36 am

congrats

sfuflash23

Re: JP 12 in Fairbanks Alaska

Post by sfuflash23 » January 27th, 2013, 5:02 am

Well everyone, here are some picks of the newest addition to the Family. She is going to be transformed into a JP 12 hopefully in time for the new 3D Jurassic Park premiere in April. Lots and lots of work ahead of me though. The jeep is in pretty good condition for the most part. There are some things here and there that I wish I could beat the previous owner senselessly over the head for doing, but all in all for the lack of options up here in alaska and for it being a Sahara and for it not having much more than surface rust, I am a happy camper. Here are some pics that I took of everything. I took the top off before I thought to start taking pictures, its a Black Bestop Replace a Top if anyone is in the market for one. She only has 92,980 miles so she is barely even broken in by jeep standards. I would like some advice on the rear panels (the ones that the tail lights mount to. Im pretty P O'd about them since they are apparently welded parts. Has anyone ever messed with them at all? Well, gonna start tearing it apart tomorrow, wish me luck.
Attachments
Not Even 100,000 miles yet, by Jeep standards she isnt even broken in yet!
Not Even 100,000 miles yet, by Jeep standards she isnt even broken in yet!
Dear God, how much shit did he weld onto this poor jeep. I just died a little inside!
Dear God, how much shit did he weld onto this poor jeep. I just died a little inside!
The Engine is in Amazing shape given that its nearly 18 years old! Minor things here and there.
The Engine is in Amazing shape given that its nearly 18 years old! Minor things here and there.
Dash is pretty clean. Really debating whether to go with accuracy and do the gray or go with style and keep the Spice...Thoughts?
Dash is pretty clean. Really debating whether to go with accuracy and do the gray or go with style and keep the Spice...Thoughts?
the backseat will need cleaning but is in good condition otherwise
the backseat will need cleaning but is in good condition otherwise
This is what probably pissed me off the most. The guy drilled into the rear panel >:o  Some sanding and body filler should do the trick. He also Welded the after market bumper to the frame, again why retards shouldnt be given welders!
This is what probably pissed me off the most. The guy drilled into the rear panel >:o Some sanding and body filler should do the trick. He also Welded the after market bumper to the frame, again why retards shouldnt be given welders!
This is why retards should be prevented from buying welders!
This is why retards should be prevented from buying welders!
I know I know, its not a ramsey, but it will do for now. The plus is that its brand new, never even been unspooled!
I know I know, its not a ramsey, but it will do for now. The plus is that its brand new, never even been unspooled!
this is the only rust on any body panel so I feel lucky
this is the only rust on any body panel so I feel lucky
gonna have to use some body filler
gonna have to use some body filler
umm..yea
umm..yea
Gonna have to figure out whats up with the steering wheel
Gonna have to figure out whats up with the steering wheel
And this is the only tear
And this is the only tear
Seats are in really good condition
Seats are in really good condition
My new worst enemy
My new worst enemy