It was "In the making" but now "It's made"

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Re: It was "In the making" but now "It's made"

Post by ImperialTrooper » January 4th, 2013, 1:39 am

All that searching paid off, congrats on the find

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » January 7th, 2013, 7:05 pm

I worked on it for hours today. I had to layout the position of the plate and drill 1/2" holes for the mounting bolts. Its strange that the bolt holes were not already drilled. The instructions say that it is for our model of wrangler so IDK why there was no holes. It is very straight and i am happy with how it turned out. The winch also came by UPS today. It was packaged very well and i hooked it up to try it out. There is a in and out button on the remote but it only clicks when i press the out button. To the best of my knowledge the 6000 does not need a out button because of the clutch. When you want it out you have to pull it out right? There is no reverse on the motor?

Tomorrow the plan is to sand, paint and mount the winch. And also pictures
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » January 7th, 2013, 11:20 pm

I was about to say, my winchplate has more holes than yours. I didn't have to drill anything.
Haven't played with the winch in the while, but from what I remember, everything seems the same as what you are describing.

WRXFlyer
Completed JP Jeep

Post by WRXFlyer » January 8th, 2013, 10:22 am

Yes, there is a reverse. There should be a pretty clearly marked lever on the side for forward and reverse.

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » January 8th, 2013, 5:51 pm

WRXFlyer wrote:Yes, there is a reverse. There should be a pretty clearly marked lever on the side for forward and reverse.
Let me rephrase...Is it a power reverse? The remote has a reverse(out) button but that doesnt do anything no matter the position of the clutch lever.

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » January 8th, 2013, 6:02 pm

IMG_1682.JPG
IMG_1683.JPG
IMG_1684.JPG
I almost got done when the rain came in. The weather was almost 60 degrees today so i cant complain, but I wish i would have finished. I am down to putting three more bolts in the winch to hold it to the plate and run the power wires. I also need to make a ramsey sticker for the motor and get a new hook correctly attached to the cable.

jim54321

Post by jim54321 » January 8th, 2013, 6:11 pm

nice job looks great wish i could find one they are even harder to track down over here in the uk so a i think if i can find one i will just have to pay the shipping charges now just got to find one

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » January 8th, 2013, 9:27 pm

Mine reverses when I hit the other side of the controller. Not sure if it clicks though...

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » January 8th, 2013, 11:42 pm

interesting.....thanks for checking. something must be broken with my unit. If i have the clutch set to "in" and hit the "out" button on the remote it makes a click sound with no movement. I can also have the clutch set to "out" and hit the "out" button on the remote with only a click sound produced. This may not be accurate due to only a few seconds of play and i have no past experience with winches but I would put money on it. I wonder what needs replaced? I am going to try to finish this before work at noon tomorrow. This could be trouble if i was to start pulling the jeep out of a bind and realize i need to reverse. It must be one of the solenoids under the motor.

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » January 9th, 2013, 12:38 am

Probably need to just play around with it. It took me 3 different attempts before I was able to get my Winch working 100%.