It was "In the making" but now "It's made"

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
KNI1GHT

Re: It was "In the making" but now "It's made"

Post by KNI1GHT » September 20th, 2012, 10:13 pm

I was gonna make a new post about this, but since most of the Oklahoma group is already subscribed to this topic, I'll share it here....

Saturday the 29th this month, there is a very very large car show that happens annually in Claremore. It's hosted by a group known as the Route 66 Cruisers. I've always been a part of their car shows, either with Kitt, my Jeep, or Ecto 1. Well, this year, I got approached by their club president.

They are assigning a special area for "Movie Cars" Apparently, all the past shows, not too mention the odd ball vehicles I bring have steered up enough requests for a special "Movie Car Showing" with their own area during this very large car show. On the list right now, is my Knight Rider Kitt car, 2 Jurassic Park Jeeps (if Tim still joins me) Raul's Back To The Future Delorean, a General Lee from Sperry Oklahoma, and a Starsky and Hutch Torino. Ecto 1 is gonna sit this one out. She's got too much prep work for Halloween.

Here's a few shots from last year's car show....

....not trying to highjack this topic...... :lol: ......just extending an invite to the Oklahoma Crew. I told the club president who's name is Duane, about all the other Jeeps in the area and he practically didn't believe me. Imagine his surprise if more showed up?

Again....it's Saturday, the 29th at Claremore Lake. Definitely not your average car show either. If you guys have kiddos, bring em along. They have all those big inflatables as well as many things for kids and their families to do. Vehicles will be arriving at 9AM and the show goes on throughout the day. Duane told me they're reserving a spot just for the movie and themed vehicles so parking or finding a spot won't be an issue. 8-) I mentioned this to Tim already and I think he's on board. Will have to call and remind him. :lol:

At any rate....back to the post. ;)

Peace guys.

Mike

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » September 20th, 2012, 10:25 pm

I just found this post on ebay and $45 and free shipping isnt that bad if it saves me the time and gas money running around the Tulsa junk yards. Its not quite the right one. I noticed in the movie that the jeeps have padding running up towards the center cap where this one does not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ink:top:en
Last edited by ratrace427 on September 20th, 2012, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » September 20th, 2012, 10:27 pm

My 92 Sahara wrangler does not have fake rivets.

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Post by COBrian » September 20th, 2012, 10:31 pm

This is what it should look like.
Attachments
Steering Wheel
Steering Wheel
IMG_0208s.JPG (78.38 KiB) Viewed 69873 times
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » September 20th, 2012, 10:49 pm

Wow you guys are fast. I just watched the movie to get a glimpse. I updated my last post but yeah i need the padding up to the center cap. Thanks for the photo! I will keep looking for the right one.

AJ Quick
Site Moderator

Post by AJ Quick » September 20th, 2012, 11:27 pm

Specifically... it is the leather wrapped steering wheel.
1971 Volkwagen Beetle - 1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 1998 Dodge Neon R/T
http://www.GBFans.com/ - http://www.JurassicJeep.com/

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » September 21st, 2012, 5:32 pm

Some people just do not understand. I had a friend ask me "why did you do this?" "Just because?" "Didn't you just buy a Jeep?" Its amazing how much it changed the look of my Jeep. I wonder if he was so shocked that he didnt think i could have accomplished such a feet. This must be a different Jeep. Right?

It astonishes me on how much people dont know. This stuff isnt that hard to me. Soon i will be changing my steering wheel to the right one. There are people out there that think it doesnt even come off.

WE ARE THE COOL GUYS!

Speaking of the cool guys, I want to thank you all for helping me make my dream a reality. This forum has everything a person needs.

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » September 22nd, 2012, 12:51 am

Well said bud. Just remember there are "sayers" and their are "doers"

We are the "DOERS"

:-)

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » September 25th, 2012, 4:29 pm

I got a steering wheel off of ebay. I cant wait to get it put on and get this little one gone. I dont think i will ever need to drive with hand cuffs so it will go straight to the trash. I also took this cool photo
IMG_1556.JPG

ace

Post by ace » October 1st, 2012, 4:42 am

Very nice picture! The lighting is spot on!