Matt's SoCal JP Jeep #18 Build

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Matt's SoCal JP Jeep #18 Build

Post by Boomerjinks » June 27th, 2013, 9:59 am

That is absolutely astonishing!

No one will ever believe it used to be a Renegade, amazing work!!!

MErjavac
Completed JP Jeep

Post by MErjavac » June 27th, 2013, 1:15 pm

raptorwrangler wrote:If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge for the door pouches? Those are by far the best reproduction pouches I've seen.
They were just a little over $300; however, that also included the new pouches for the back of my seats as well. I bought the seats from a forum member here and they were missing the back pouches so I had those replicated at the same time as the door panel pouches and got all 4 together. I'll post a pic of the back of the seats below. I didn't have the green piping done because the color options didn't really match the color of the green canvas.

Boomerjinks wrote:That is absolutely astonishing!

No one will ever believe it used to be a Renegade, amazing work!!!
Thank you! That means a lot. My goal was to completely eliminate any remnants of it ever being a Renegade lol

I am tidying up the last few bits of the motor and it is going in tonight. Hopefully it will be back on the road tomorrow! I am super stoked! Thanks for all the support guys! The encouragement does help a lot and I really appreciate it!
1992 Jurassic Park #18 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4.0 high output I6 4x4
1996 Deep Jewel Green Toyota Supra Turbo & 6-Speed
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX (Daily Driver)

hayabusa18
Completed JP Jeep

Post by hayabusa18 » June 27th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Looks awesome!

yj87jp

Post by yj87jp » June 30th, 2013, 8:06 pm

Did I mention your awesome :D really spectacular job
WE GOT DODSON, WE GOT DODSON HERE!

MErjavac
Completed JP Jeep

Post by MErjavac » June 30th, 2013, 8:25 pm

hayabusa18 wrote:Looks awesome!
yj87jp wrote:Did I mention your awesome :D really spectacular job
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it!

So quick update for you guys! I picked the light bar up from my fab guy. The measurements I gave him were perfect and it is all bolted up now. Next step after the Jabsco lights are painted is to start installing them. They will get painted Sand Beige with the Roll bar once the Jeep is official running. Next I was able to get the motor in. I just need to find all the odds and ends to hook up and it should be running either tomorrow or the following day. Other than that it is just finishing up the interior and wiring up all the accessories like the fog lights and winch!

yj87jp

Post by yj87jp » June 30th, 2013, 9:04 pm

Can't wait to see it all done and by the way how do you like the optima battery I'm thinking of getting one for mine.
WE GOT DODSON, WE GOT DODSON HERE!

MErjavac
Completed JP Jeep

Post by MErjavac » June 30th, 2013, 10:01 pm

yj87jp wrote:Can't wait to see it all done and by the way how do you like the optima battery I'm thinking of getting one for mine.
Thanks! It's such an exciting process. I love Optimas. I have one in my Supra as well. They're great batteries and you'll notice a difference in performance with your electronics if you're the switch. Just starting the car it's so much more responsive and stuff.

teckman02

Matt's SoCal JP Jeep #18 Build

Post by teckman02 » June 30th, 2013, 11:37 pm

MErjavac wrote:
yj87jp wrote:Can't wait to see it all done and by the way how do you like the optima battery I'm thinking of getting one for mine.
Thanks! It's such an exciting process. I love Optimas. I have one in my Supra as well. They're great batteries and you'll notice a difference in performance with your electronics if you're the switch. Just starting the car it's so much more responsive and stuff.
the optima's were great batteries back in the day before johnson controls bought the name, and shipped the production to mexico. Then they dropped the lifetime warranty support. As far as I know the only battery that is still made in the USA is the sears diehards.

teckman02

Post by teckman02 » June 30th, 2013, 11:46 pm

Oh small factoid Chrysler put the good red top optima's in the CRD Jeep KJ from before johnson controls bought the name

MErjavac
Completed JP Jeep

Post by MErjavac » July 7th, 2013, 3:15 am

Okay so quick update on the Jeep. It is officially running! I am so excited to finally drive it. The new Borla Exhaust sounds amazing! It starts and idles great with no check engine lights so now it is time to break in the new motor. I just painted the roll bar and Jabsco lights sand beige. Roll cage goes back into the Jeep tomorrow so I can mount my seat belts and be back on the road. The Jabscos need to be reassembled and installed onto the light bar. Other than that I just need to tidy up the interior with the center console, CB radio, normal radio and sound bar. After that its attach the painted side mirrors. I'll post a few pics below. I hope you all enjoy!