Matt's SoCal JP Jeep #18 Build

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
sahara93
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Matt's SoCal JP Jeep #18 Build

Post by sahara93 » February 12th, 2013, 11:29 pm

Looks great!
I'd love to get some more info on the leds in the gages! Also what did you do to polish the clear plastic lenses?
Cheers
Vince

MErjavac
Completed JP Jeep

Post by MErjavac » June 24th, 2013, 11:16 pm

Alright so I am long over due for an updated post haha. I'll bring you guys up to speed with the most current pics I have. As I stated before my goal was to take a 1992 Renegade and turn it into a full blown JP 18 Sahara which I am confident I am on the road to accomplishing. I'll post a small rough list of what I have done and then add some pics to catch everyone up to speed. So I had left off in my last post that I welded the holes shut for the wide body, ground them down and laid down a first coat of primer. Since then I have painted the jeep completely. For the main color I went with the obvious choice of the low gloss sand beige. As for the red I went with Chrysler flame red which was a factory jeep red. I truck bed lined the interior and fire wall. Even though the main interior does have a forest green carpet. The proper Sahara seats are installed. I had the motor sent out to the machine shop. It now has a 30 over bore, brand new oversized pistons, new rods, a new cam, new timing chain, new rocker arms, new push rods, the original crank was polished. Basically the whole motor is brand new. I added Borla headers and a catback hoping for an awesome 4.0 grumble when it is all back on the road again. So much has been done I can't even think of it all at the moment haha. I have the proper tan soft top and roll bar pads (not currently installed). I am waiting for the light bar to come in from the fabrication shop. I am basically at the point where I just have to assemble. Let me know what you all think! Thanks guys!

1992 Jurassic Park #18 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4.0 high output I6 4x4
1996 Deep Jewel Green Toyota Supra Turbo & 6-Speed
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX (Daily Driver)

MErjavac
Completed JP Jeep

Post by MErjavac » June 24th, 2013, 11:18 pm

Update pics continued.

Jack_Fauth
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Jack_Fauth » June 25th, 2013, 6:46 am

i must say that is a very nice job! I love that people are now getting away from the gray primer for their jeeps and going all the way.
Yours will be one of the nicest on the boards
Great job

Who did your pouches on your door panels...that is the last thing i need to call my jeep 100% finished.
Jack
Still selling complete decal/stencil kits in any number

Jeep conversion service http://www.no-limitcustoms.com

95 Sahara- PA Jeep#12-SOLD
000 _oooo_
00/| ,[___],
|--L
@/--[]lllll[]-
()_) 0 ()_)-o-)_)

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » June 25th, 2013, 9:36 am

Wow! Nice engine. That painted hood logo looks great also. Did the engine get rebuilt or just taken apart and put back together?
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » June 25th, 2013, 3:54 pm

He got the engine rebuilt.

MErjavac
Completed JP Jeep

Post by MErjavac » June 26th, 2013, 12:53 am

Jack_Fauth wrote:i must say that is a very nice job! I love that people are now getting away from the gray primer for their jeeps and going all the way.
Yours will be one of the nicest on the boards
Great job

Who did your pouches on your door panels...that is the last thing i need to call my jeep 100% finished.
Jack
Thank you very much! Yeah definitely going with the proper Sand Beige is the right decision. It just looks so good when it is finished and it really completes the look of it with the red and everything.

Thank you again that really means a lot. Turning the Renegade into a Sahara was no easy task but I knew if it was done right it would be fresh. That means a lot and I appreciate it!

I just went to a local hole in the wall place that does upholstery. I just walked in with a pic of the panels and the guy made them for me. I couldn't find original panels so I figured replicas would be my best bet.

MErjavac
Completed JP Jeep

Post by MErjavac » June 26th, 2013, 1:07 am

ratrace427 wrote:Wow! Nice engine. That painted hood logo looks great also. Did the engine get rebuilt or just taken apart and put back together?
ImperialTrooper wrote:He got the engine rebuilt.
Thank you! I'll have some more detailed pics of the motor in the next couple days as I drop it in. Also it is funny that you mention that the hood logo looks good because I ordered it off eBay from you haha. I recognized your screen name on the instruction paper that came with them. The door graphics also came from you in the set. They're absolutely perfect. If you need to use my pics for you ads feel free to use them and I can personally say they're awesome!

As for the motor it was rebuilt like ImperialTrooper said. I had the block machined which included it being bored 30 over and it was decked. I have brand new over sized pistons, a new cam, new rods, crank was polished. I have a brand new starter, water pump, distributor, wires and etc. It is basically a brand new motor completely. I am excited to start with a fresh motor, paint and interior all at once.

Again I just wanted to thank everyone for the support! Even those who doubted a Renegade to Sahara conversion and said it would be a challenge. It definitely was but it gets one more Renegade off the road and one more JP Jeep to take its place lol

raptorwrangler
Completed JP Jeep

Post by raptorwrangler » June 26th, 2013, 7:49 am

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge for the door pouches? Those are by far the best reproduction pouches I've seen.
-1995 Jeep Wrangler S................./‾‾‾‾\ □□□□
-2.5L 123hp............................../|‾‾|‾‾,[____],__
-Completed Conversion..............|!\\.|@|\-\--¬[llllll]-
...............................................-(o)------(o)--°-----)°-

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Post by COBrian » June 27th, 2013, 9:23 am

WOW
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO