Oklahoma City #42

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
raptorwrangler
Completed JP Jeep

Oklahoma City #42

Post by raptorwrangler » August 20th, 2012, 9:50 am

Hello, I'm relatively new here (long time lurker), and I've decided to start my adventure. I'm currently searching for a suitable Wrangler in decent condition to begin working on. I guess my first question is how did y'all pick your Jeep Number? I was thinking #42, it's my favorite number (I love Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). Thoughts? recommendations?

Edit: I've decided to go with #42!
Last edited by raptorwrangler on August 22nd, 2012, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
-1995 Jeep Wrangler S................./‾‾‾‾\ □□□□
-2.5L 123hp............................../|‾‾|‾‾,[____],__
-Completed Conversion..............|!\\.|@|\-\--¬[llllll]-
...............................................-(o)------(o)--°-----)°-

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Oklahoma City #(Undecided)

Post by COBrian » August 20th, 2012, 11:16 am

If you are not recreating one from the movie, then pick any number you like. 42 is as good as any other number for a non film car. If I was not building 29 (a movie number) then I would be building 33 probably, as that's my favorite number.
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » August 20th, 2012, 11:46 am

Yeah, just go with what ever number you like. It's generally accepted that 04 & 05 are the explorer tour vehicles, and 06 & 07 were mentioned briefly on screen as tour vehicles. 42 sounds good to me. You're in luck because there are screen accurate references to what the 4 and 2 look like (04 & 29) so you don't have to guess like I do (07)...

EDIT: I'm in Stillwater, by the way!

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » August 20th, 2012, 12:22 pm

It's been said but I'll just reiterate...any number you want because you're the one putting the time and money into it.
Just make sure its one you can look at every time you drive and and not get bugged.

I'm in OKC with #18 and if you want to do #18 as well....GO FOR IT!!!
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

raptorwrangler
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Oklahoma City #42

Post by raptorwrangler » August 27th, 2012, 6:38 pm

Well boys and girls, I’ve done it. I’ve jumped in with both feet and obtained a 1995 Jeep Wrangler S with the intention of turning it into my childhood (and adult) dream car, a Jurassic Park Jeep. I cannot tell y’all how excited I am about this journey. I’m going with #42 (my favorite number), and I’m going to going to create a screen similar vehicle. I’ll get it as screen accurate as I possibly can with my limited budget.
My Wrangler is a White 1995 S with 109,000 miles. It has virtually no rust on it (garage kept and only taken off road once or twice). Not starting with a Sahara Edition will mean a bit more work, but nothing too terrible.

The spare wheel is correct, but the other 4 are after market. Oklahoma crew, if you come across some correct rims, then PLEASE let me know!

The only visible body damage is a small dent in the grill, but it's barely noticeable. Also, it will be covered by the winch plate and wench.

The floor is already covered in truck bed liner. Also, as you can see, it's a standard (The only way to go).

Two days after I got my Wrangler, I found a 3 piece light bar with KC lights on Craigslist. The guy was asking $100, but I talked him down to $25. SCORE! :D I'm not sure if it's the exact same bar from the movie, but it's dang close; though I may need to trim it. maybe I can sell the lights on eBay or something.

Last, when I was in Florida last year, we went to IOA, and my little brother and I rode the JP Ride like 10 times. I picked up this key chain while I was there (B for Brian). I knew it would come in handy someday!
Thoughts? Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Last edited by raptorwrangler on February 22nd, 2013, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » August 27th, 2012, 6:46 pm

SCORE!

I'd have a hard time getting rid of the current paint job....until I saw the JP paint work and forgot ALL about it!!
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Post by COBrian » August 27th, 2012, 7:21 pm

I'm sorry jeeps should never have flames!!!! Congrats on all the finds. without tires I have about $800 more to go to get all the add ons, and replacement parts.. Not counting paint.... but mine was a sahara to begin with..So keep your budget in mind.
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » August 28th, 2012, 4:34 am

Cool Jeep, nice and straight. It's a good start. The light bar looks pretty close to me and if you can negotiate a 75% discount like that then maybe I need to take you with me next time I buy something big. As for the wheels, just keep an eye on craigslist. That's where I got mine and KN1GHT recently picked up a set as well. Mine were listed as Cherokee wheels since they fit both and I got the set of 4 for like $50.
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

raptorwrangler
Completed JP Jeep

Post by raptorwrangler » August 30th, 2012, 8:54 am

So... neither of my doors will open (niether from the inside or outside). :x I'm My guess is that the connection clip to the latch has become dislodged... has anyone else had this problem? I can't get the door open, and I'll have to take the door panels off from the inside. :evil: Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on the best way to tackle this? Any tips or pointers would be much appreciated!

Jack_Fauth
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Jack_Fauth » August 30th, 2012, 11:16 am

it is most likely the strikers, both mine were damaged when i got my jeep
They unbolt from the inside of the tub. You can buy replacements on e-bay and that should fix You up.
Here is a link to what i am talking about,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-CJ-5-7-8-W ... ba&vxp=mtr

by the way how did you test drive this if you didn't know the doors were stuck????

however if the clips fell off, which i think would be stange, you will need to remove the door panel. Although those clips are real hard to take off ...or ...put on. so it may not be that
Still selling complete decal/stencil kits in any number

Jeep conversion service http://www.no-limitcustoms.com

95 Sahara- PA Jeep#12-SOLD
000 _oooo_
00/| ,[___],
|--L
@/--[]lllll[]-
()_) 0 ()_)-o-)_)