Jurassic Jeep - TJ Complete

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Skacorekid

Re: Jurassic Jeep - TJ Complete

Post by Skacorekid » May 4th, 2015, 9:15 am

I'm doing a TJ build right now. It's going slowly but coming along. I have had to put out a lot of money for repairs so far. I would say it's about 60% complete. Still need to paint and get the correct Sahara front seats. The rear seat is the easy part. The front ones, people want an astronomical amount for them. I am using the original YJ rims on mine and almost have those all painted, but it keeps raining here so I can't seem to finish them on my days off.
Jeep #14 TJ In Progress

usmercenary
Completed JP Jeep

Post by usmercenary » May 9th, 2015, 5:57 pm

Skacorekid wrote:I'm doing a TJ build right now. It's going slowly but coming along. I have had to put out a lot of money for repairs so far. I would say it's about 60% complete. Still need to paint and get the correct Sahara front seats. The rear seat is the easy part. The front ones, people want an astronomical amount for them. I am using the original YJ rims on mine and almost have those all painted, but it keeps raining here so I can't seem to finish them on my days off.
Hey man, if you're interested in seeing my TJ build its in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2126

jrizor

Post by jrizor » May 10th, 2015, 5:27 am

crayZcollegeKid wrote:I came here two years too late. Is there anyone from this post still active? I am currently undergoing a TJ build myself and it would be nice to talk to Stlrams53 or anyone else that knows about this Jeep. Thanks.
I have an '02 Sahara that I've converted into JP10. Couple things no longer stock: 3.5" lift & larger tires, rims from YJ model, and front & rear bumpers. I'm not going for "screen-accurate" since I am using a TJ as base, but that doesn't seem to affect the smiles-per-gallon.
'02 Wrangler Sahara
paint by North Kitsap Auto Rebuild
vinyl decals by FASTSIGNS
Rock Krawler 3.5in X Factor Short Arm kit
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO LT33x10.50R15 tires
Extreme Duty TJ front bumper
LoD TJ Signature Series rear bumper / tire carrier

EdynB
Completed JP Jeep
Facebook Name: Edyn Arnold

Post by EdynB » June 17th, 2015, 10:49 pm

Going to be purchasing my wrangler tomorrow most likely, depending on the test drive and evaluation once I get there. But I will be starting my build asap, where do you get a 5 piece set of the original factory wheels for the jeeps. I would love to have them on my TJ.

Also I am hunting down the sahara seats, (and if I am lucky considering I am getting from a dealer that does builds I can get the beige paint color and a spice top done over the next week included with purchase) These seats seem to be a bitch to track down considering the amount of people that want them, (also surprised no one makes them as a high end seat cover)

I have been on etsy and managed to start working with a seller there who does decals, she has the CORRECT number font and JP letters vectored and ready to be printed in any number, I am also having her do a custom K9 UNIT sticker for my jeep too, since i have dogs I thought it would be a fun addition. SO if anyone wants screen accurate number decals for the stripes and hood she is on it, sizing and all.
her shop is https://www.etsy.com/shop/HaresDen
I am sure if you send a message with a request she will know what your talking about. I've been messaging back and forth with her for over a week.

I also found a seller who does custom number mirror tags and ranger/visitor badges. and yet another that has the visitors guide and map for the interior (original woulfd of been in door, gonna put in glove compt. in TJ)

message me here or email me if anyone wants to correlate with info for build stuff (edynblair@hotmail.com) Also, I am in the LA area and looking to get a LA group together. the Jurassic Park Motorpool has registrations too, But I would love to do outings with others in my area since they mainly operate out of anaheim.

WRXFlyer
Completed JP Jeep

Post by WRXFlyer » July 29th, 2015, 9:48 am

Back from the dead to post that I think this JP Jeep was used as the model for the Jurassic World RC Jeep toy. TJ with full doors and similar stripe angle. Only thing different is the number. Congrats, OP!

crayZcollegeKid

Post by crayZcollegeKid » July 29th, 2015, 11:06 am

The RC toy was based from the JK model; similar to the TJ but you can see it is more boxy when comparing body styles, and the marker lamps in the front are in different locations. :P
______________________________________________________________________________________

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Post by COBrian » July 30th, 2015, 8:49 am

The fender flare shape and the full door shape are give-aways it is a JK
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO

EdynB
Completed JP Jeep

Post by EdynB » August 4th, 2015, 12:02 am

where on earth did you find those rocker panels?

ausjeep

Post by ausjeep » August 4th, 2015, 3:16 am

they come standard on sahara editions. mines got 'em

EdynB
Completed JP Jeep

Post by EdynB » August 4th, 2015, 9:28 am

damn. looks so much nicer than the fender flare extensions mine has. perhaps I will try hunting some down. are they classified as a ocker panel or a fender flare extension?