Jurassic Jeep - TJ Complete

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
T-rex23

Re: Jurassic Jeep - TJ Complete

Post by T-rex23 » June 6th, 2012, 5:54 pm

I thought about doing that with my TJ, but for some reason I decided against it and I can't remember why, it's still looks good though.

Stlrams53
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Stlrams53 » June 17th, 2012, 4:36 pm

Thanks it took alot of thinking but as i could not find a YJ where i live i had to open my search more and figured a TJ could still pull off the look. I was looking for a jeep this past november and once i found this Sahara TJ i jumped on it cause my plan was to get the project done for this summer, Most people dont even notice the diffrence i still get thumbs ups/ people trying to take pics of it or yelling JURASSIC PARK! at me =)

Anyway just a small update. i got lights on my bar installed and new fog lights on the bumper.

1999 Sahara Jeep #11
RedHannya/JPToys97@Youtube

T-rex23

Post by T-rex23 » June 18th, 2012, 8:51 pm

That TJ still looks sweet as hell though. It makes me drool, and it makes my wife shake her head and sigh then say, "Geek."

CYPH3R code101

Post by CYPH3R code101 » June 18th, 2012, 9:08 pm

T-rex23 wrote:That TJ still looks sweet as hell though. It makes me drool, and it makes my wife shake her head and sigh then say, "Geek."
lolz my wife says that about most of the stuff i do. Jeep looks great!
00 Chevy Blazer 2dr
86 Chevy suburban
86 Chevy K5 Blazer (wrecked)

Stlrams53
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Stlrams53 » June 19th, 2012, 3:58 pm

Thanks i plan on maybe trying to fit a CB in it but not sure, was going to do a winch but they said something about my bumper not being right or somthing ? i dont know he did say if i want to put one on it for looks i could but if i ever went to tow anything its prob not a good idea so i figured it was just a waste of money if i could never use it......if that time came. & Geeks have more fun LOL =)
1999 Sahara Jeep #11
RedHannya/JPToys97@Youtube

teckman02

Post by teckman02 » June 19th, 2012, 4:41 pm

Stlrams53 wrote:Thanks i plan on maybe trying to fit a CB in it but not sure, was going to do a winch but they said something about my bumper not being right or somthing ? i dont know he did say if i want to put one on it for looks i could but if i ever went to tow anything its prob not a good idea so i figured it was just a waste of money if i could never use it......if that time came. & Geeks have more fun LOL =)
if you want a winch i would get a ARB bumper but if you want to keep the OEM bumper and want to put on a winch pick up a winch mounting kit..... just do a google search jeep TJ winch mount, a lot of them are universal and you can get them for under 150 or if you are good with a welder you could build one

T-rex23

Post by T-rex23 » June 19th, 2012, 5:34 pm

That would look cool, and yeah geeks do have more fun...

jeepnrover

Post by jeepnrover » June 20th, 2012, 8:33 pm

teckman02 wrote:
Stlrams53 wrote:Thanks i plan on maybe trying to fit a CB in it but not sure, was going to do a winch but they said something about my bumper not being right or somthing ? i dont know he did say if i want to put one on it for looks i could but if i ever went to tow anything its prob not a good idea so i figured it was just a waste of money if i could never use it......if that time came. & Geeks have more fun LOL =)
if you want a winch i would get a ARB bumper but if you want to keep the OEM bumper and want to put on a winch pick up a winch mounting kit..... just do a google search jeep TJ winch mount, a lot of them are universal and you can get them for under 150 or if you are good with a welder you could build one
X2 The ARB's are pricey but worth it.
1991 Islander Edition
1971 Stimson Safari 6

Ted carnduff

Post by Ted carnduff » June 29th, 2012, 5:45 pm

That is sooo cool!!! i have a TJ and want to convert it! now i know that it looks just as good as the yj! Fantastic job!!!!

Soto

Post by Soto » June 29th, 2012, 11:26 pm

How much the paint run you?