In the making

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
MrScorpio

Re: In the making

Post by MrScorpio » May 4th, 2012, 5:51 pm

ratrace427 wrote:I have also decided to change paint guys. This is going to slow down the completion time but this guy has painted several of my projects and i know his work. He is really backed up, so it looks like mid summer before completion now.
Several of your projects? Have you done other movie cars or just some custom stuff? I mean, do you have a A-Team van/General Lee/etc. in the back yard that we don't know about?
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » May 6th, 2012, 7:57 pm

Nothing like that, but i have a 68 chevy pickup that he painted years ago and he also did the bumpers on the Delorean. I discussed the project with him and he is excited about it. He is only a few min. from the house so i can keep track of the progress easy.
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » May 8th, 2012, 9:14 pm

I got the 8bit decals today. They look great but i wanted a 20" hood decal. He offered to make it 20" but i dont guess responding the next evening was quick enough. By the time i said go for it he had already shipped the 18" long hood decal. I asked tonight if he could remake the hood decal 20" long but i will see what he wants. I also didnt expect the door decals to be multiple layers. It would be easier to install if it was one piece. Didnt think about it before but the decal machine that i had at the airport was the same way. I had to load different colors of decal paper, then the machine would cut the shape.

durant11

Post by durant11 » May 8th, 2012, 9:40 pm

let me know how the 8bit decals look, been contemplating getting them.

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » May 8th, 2012, 10:23 pm

ratrace427 wrote:I also didn't expect the door decals to be multiple layers. It would be easier to install if it was one piece. Didn't think about it before but the decal machine that i had at the airport was the same way. I had to load different colors of decal paper, then the machine would cut the shape.
I thought I had mentioned that they were layered, sorry. That's why when Phil offered to apply them for me I didn't hesitate.
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » May 8th, 2012, 11:52 pm

Not many graphic shops have the ability to do large scale printed graphics on stickers. Unfortunately most of the time that means we get layered vinyl which is harder to put on, but supposedly lasts longer if designed and cut right.

Can someone post a pic of the hood and number decals? I really need to order my set soon and a preview would be most welcome.

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » May 9th, 2012, 4:36 am

ImperialTrooper wrote:Can someone post a pic of the hood and number decals? I really need to order my set soon and a preview would be most welcome.
Here are a couple of pics of mine. I don't have pics of what the number decals themselves look like since my paint guy used them as stencils when he painted the red stripes.

JP #21

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » May 9th, 2012, 2:07 pm

He said that he would make a 20" for $15 extra. I wish he would have done this the first time. I am waiting back to find out if that is with shipping. I think a 20" will be really dang screen accurate. My advice is before ordering just contact him and tell him 20" for the hood and let him bill you. I paid first then asked to have it made bigger.

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » May 13th, 2012, 7:40 pm

Oh yeah, media blasting is the way to go. Here is a blasted and a non blasted wheel.
Attachments
IMG_1355.JPG

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » May 14th, 2012, 4:15 am

Media blasting?? Do they shoot it with tiny lil papratso's?? ;)