JP Mini-Jeep Build

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Ammonites

JP Mini-Jeep Build

Post by Ammonites » March 30th, 2012, 3:46 pm

Did a cheap RC a while back, but now I'm taking the initiative and getting a professional Jeep kit.

Using the Tamiya CC-01, I'm well on my way for getting a decent 1:10 scale JP Jeep (since I still can't get a full-sized one). At a suggestion from the rcjeeps.com forums, I decided to post my progress here.

Getting the chasis done:

Touched up the exterior

Painted Tan

Add the Red

Little bit of detailing:

Lights installed, just need the rest of the chasis so I can get the LED's in there:

Taped off for another color for the top (yeah, hard top I know, but that's the way it'll be for the first one):

Current progress so far:

I'll be getting the stickers printed out sometime soon, I was thinking of adding a sticker to the back (once I get a clear window piece) for the heating strips on the rear window. Found some lights for the light bar on ebay, not the best but again this is just my first build. Next one I start will be having much more accuracy.

So, I'm hoping this will work well in the community :P

MrScorpio

Re: JP Mini-Jeep Build

Post by MrScorpio » March 30th, 2012, 4:44 pm

Man, that's nice. Can't wait to see it completed.
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » March 30th, 2012, 5:17 pm

Nice! If only it was that easy in real life...

Ammonites

Post by Ammonites » March 30th, 2012, 5:28 pm

Yeah, there's going to be inaccuracies on this one, maybe with my next one I'll be able to get a fully accurate Mini-Jeep. Then, sometime in the future, I'll work on a full-sized one! Until then, I'll work with whats within my budget constraints and what will fit in the space I have.

Beartafs

Post by Beartafs » March 30th, 2012, 5:38 pm

Hi Ammonites, I'm scalextreme. It's good to see you here. I'm going to post mine here as soon as I start the body work. Looking forward to see more of yours.

Ammonites

Post by Ammonites » March 30th, 2012, 8:14 pm

Yeah, I've been a member here for a while (though be it inactive due to my lacking a real Jeep YJ). I'll be looking to get some stickers done up soon for the sides, front and the license plate (at 1:10 scale) so would there be any particular number you're thinking of doing? Might save you the trouble of having to print them out yourself. This one will be #15.

Also, if you plan on making a hard top (either your JP build or other 1:10 Jeep) I'll be having them print out a few defroster stickers to put on the rear window. Maybe some of the other guys might like them as well? We could chat more on that at the rcjeeps forum

Beartafs

Post by Beartafs » March 31st, 2012, 3:22 am

That would be really awesome if you can print me the decals. Mine is going to be #18. I have no idea how to scale them. In the mean time I will try to find that winch in 1/10. I remember a member on scale4x4 making the exact winch.

I will try to make a soft top with a ripstop nylon. It is used at parachutes it's very thin and lightweight. I can still use the defroster decals on another YJ, I'm sure other guys will love it too.

Post by 2410 » April 1st, 2012, 9:56 am

Ammonites wrote:Did a cheap RC a while back, but now I'm taking the initiative and getting a professional Jeep kit.

So, I'm hoping this will work well in the community :P

Looks nice!
Here's my attempt to build JP jeep out of 1/24 Tamiya kit.
Now it looks like this

If you find it interesting, the other fics cold be found here
http://www.scalecustoms.ru/forum/viewto ... =13&t=3691

P.S. I'm sorry for replying here, but my english is not very good to start my own 'work-in-progress' topic :))

Ammonites

Post by Ammonites » April 25th, 2012, 6:10 pm

Just realized I hadn't posted any updates here. Taken it out for a couple of drives and works pretty good. Just need to get the numbers for the sides.

All the fun electronics!

Looking pretty good I think!

I'll be replacing the wheel hubs later and add lights on top. I'll get some more done when I can afford it. Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeiIr1g7Nog

Ammonites

Post by Ammonites » May 19th, 2012, 4:04 pm

Got the lights hooked up for the headlights and brakes. Just ordered another light kit for the side lights. Debating wether or not to get some orange ones for the other lights on the front. Eventually I'll get the fog lights set up, but until then this'll do if I want to take Mini-15 out for a night run.