weapon lxxxi's jeep 12

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
weapon lxxxi

Re: weapon lxxxi's jeep 12

Post by weapon lxxxi » March 11th, 2012, 1:04 pm

download/file.php?id=817&mode=view

Ok so I wanna change these horrible euro signal and side lights so I'm more screen accurate. I'm gonna hide the side light somehow (white one) but I wanna get the signal light to the ones in the front, which is constantly on in the film/US spec.
How is the bulb held in could someone take a pic of the bracket please so I can work something out?

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » March 11th, 2012, 6:06 pm

A thought just occurred to me that you guys outside of the U.S. might be able to find some code in the motor vehicle regulations that permits non-standard lighting for reproduction/classic cars. If it's not worded well, the JP Jeep might qualify. Could be worth looking into, then you would be able to get U.S. OEM parts and bolt them on.

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » March 11th, 2012, 6:13 pm

I think you can, it's just got to pass what we have over here called an MOT, depending where you take it they can be a bit strict but I have contacts that may pass it. Also if the vehicle is imported I think your aloud that spec? Again more research is needed. But ther is space behind my orange lenses I just wanna see how they r held on, I wanna get rid of those horrible boxes before I paint it :).

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » March 12th, 2012, 2:50 pm

still on the subject of lights, i thought i might try the lights on my cheap light bar, and only 2 are conected grrr!!! but they are going anyway so not to bothered :D. then i thought hmmm i wonder if they would work as the amber ones on the rear? with a lil bit of that glass paint stuff? what do ya rekon guys???
Attachments
without the bar obviously ha
without the bar obviously ha
light1.JPG

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » March 12th, 2012, 3:09 pm

dunno why they are upside down :s?!?

Anyway fitted my whip at the weekend too, that was scary drilling those holes! i bought a tie down too but it would involve drilling the windshield frame im not up for that. So i came up with another way.... i got some wire wrapped it around the rollbar then around the tip of the ariel. covered that in electric tape as a bit of protection from rubbing & boom its tied down! (till i get the light bar sorted)

Also does anyone have these lights in thier dash? ive never seen them on or know what they are for??
Attachments
dash1.JPG
whip4.JPG
whip3.JPG
whip1.JPG
whip2.JPG

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » March 12th, 2012, 8:40 pm

Those lights look like generic LEDs which would be used to fake the look of an alarm system as a theft deterrent.

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » March 13th, 2012, 12:38 pm

ImperialTrooper wrote:Those lights look like generic LEDs which would be used to fake the look of an alarm system as a theft deterrent.
Ah i did think that but Ive never seen them on or the remains of an alarm... I'll see what I find when I take the dash apart for painting

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » March 18th, 2012, 5:16 am

NEED MECHANICAL ADVICE :(.....

I went for a long drive yesterday but when I got into town and got to a junction or some lights, I would go to pull away and all I could hear was a massive creaking noise underneath? It was only in 1st that it made the noise. Is this the start of something big about to break :O???

Railtech
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Railtech » March 18th, 2012, 1:28 pm

Could be springs or spring bushings. Mine creak a little on steep hills under load, but not a big deal to me. I spray the springs with some white lithium grease and that works for 6 months or so. Get someone to bounce on all 4 corners and see if you can isolate the noisy spring. They have nylon bushings between them, but they wear out over time.

Could be motor mounts too, maybe but those are cheap and easy to swap. Slave cylinders can creak/squeak too. But that is easy enough to isolate.

Good luck!
93 YJ Sahara/JP29 WIP

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » March 18th, 2012, 5:42 pm

Cool cheers, ill give that a go. I hope it's that and not a gearbox problem or something, it kinda sounds like an old wooden ship if you know that sound??? It is only when u pull away tho not each time you change gear....