Boomerjinks' Jeep 18

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Boomerjinks' Jeep 18

Post by Boomerjinks » November 5th, 2010, 1:59 am

Charles left for Los Angeles this afternoon, but not before arranging a little lunch meetup between his awesome hood box, his first DeLorean (now almost fully revitalized by Charles[of Chicago]), and my nerdmobiles.

Charles said something that really stuck in mind just before I took this picture. We stood back after setting the box on the hood and sort of giggled to ourselves with how perfect it looked. The statement Charles made really embodied a feeling I've been unable to fully articulate in all the years I've been making stuff. He said, "It's like it was there the whole time," which to me is exactly the sort of sentiment one should get when the right part is added. When your additions and modifications are right, your mind just sees it as always having looked that way.

They are become the proud papas!

This was by far my favorite picture of the day, and I'd like to present it with a spin on a fairly played-out TNG meme
Just imagine that with all the readouts, binders, the alarm clock, and everything else up on the dash... good lord

AJ Quick
Site Moderator

Post by AJ Quick » November 7th, 2010, 12:11 am

I had the pleasure of driving Boomerjinks' Jeep all around Denver last week. He might not have posted about it yet, but he has an epic sound box that emits roars at will from the front of the Jeep.

College kids running around outside were freaking out when I would pull up and hit that dino roar!

Also.. fix your amberlamps wiring. Its broke.

Oh and that soft top hardware. Its broke too.
1971 Volkwagen Beetle - 1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 1998 Dodge Neon R/T
http://www.GBFans.com/ - http://www.JurassicJeep.com/

Ronnyboy

Post by Ronnyboy » November 7th, 2010, 11:20 pm

That DeLorean, that's so....BEAUTIFUL, especially that box. How hard was that to make?

Demon665

Post by Demon665 » November 7th, 2010, 11:57 pm

I, unfortunately, think that Delorean looks good. But that poor car... I shed a small tear...
1995 Jeep Wrangler
1981 Delorean DMC-12 (no BTTF conversion will ever grace this beautiful car)
2011 Scion XB

BWilhelm

Post by BWilhelm » November 13th, 2010, 6:04 pm

sweet

Larson38
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Larson38 » November 14th, 2010, 6:04 am

nice picture.

Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Boomerjinks » June 19th, 2011, 7:32 pm

As my wheels have been accumulating grime and brake dust since 2007, I've been meaning to get around to touching them up. Eventually I'd like to have them mediablasted and powdercoated for a real nice long-lasting color that is easy to clean (scrubby scrubby with no chippy chippy), but for now I figured a quick and dirty repaint would be in order.

The rear wheels are fine, and have never gather much grime. But the front wheels are more (IMO) black than red these days. My first step was to nail all my wheels with Purple Power Wheel Cleaner.
This stuff is pretty brutal for an off-the-shelf cleaner. Spray on, leave on for 30-60 seconds, then rinse off. I hit my wheels with this and then scrubbed the hell out of them (against directions, but since I'm not worried about damaging the existing paint, whatevs). I hit them a few more times, let them dry and I was good to go.

I slid painters tape into the gap between the wheel and the tire, then used 3x4 notecards to shield the rest of the tire. I honestly thought I'd need more than this to protect the tire, but it worked great. Then, against better judgement, I painted my wheels without sanding them. I used Rustoleum Gloss Cherry, hoping to be a little brighter than the stripes so that when it darkened a little it would match better. I stuffed toilet paper between the spokes to prevent paint from getting on my brakes or any of the bits behind the wheel.

Imagine my surprise at how well it worked out!

So yeah, great poppin-red wheels in about an hour or so. The tires are untouched, too.

SBF

Post by SBF » June 25th, 2011, 8:42 am

Just throwing this out there, but the best thing for white letter tires is Westley's Bleche Wite.

1995 Jeep Cherokee
2003 Dodge Durango

RoberTrauma

Post by RoberTrauma » September 4th, 2011, 2:11 am

Instead of a stencil why not a magnet of sorts? It would be simpler to place and remove?

Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Boomerjinks » September 4th, 2011, 9:37 pm

RoberTrauma wrote:Instead of a stencil why not a magnet of sorts? It would be simpler to place and remove?
What are you talking about?