Explorer Build Thread - Jacksonville FL

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Dwight
Site Moderator

Re: Explorer Build Thread - Jacksonville FL

Post by Dwight » September 14th, 2020, 4:55 pm

Haha nice try my friend :)

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » September 21st, 2020, 6:00 pm

Found this complete set of manual seats from a 1992. Pretty rare to find in decent condition.

If you’re wondering why I converted my seats from the original 1994 seats to some from 1992....it’s because the shape of the seats changed after 1992, and I’m going for screen accuracy. Just one of the minor headaches when using a “non-1992” for your base.

Just need to take the fabric off and do a good deep cleaning of the foam in order to get the old smell out.

97F1960C-7F61-4C25-BDB1-3FB8EFEEC105.jpeg

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » September 24th, 2020, 4:52 pm

Pelican case prop one step closer to completion. Just need to paint the flares a deeper red, and finish it off with the correct fire extinguisher.

For those building this prop, one thing to keep in mind is the difference between the new stock of flares and the old. The old versions used in the film had a long pull tab on the bottom of the flare cap. The new versions of the 15-minute flares do not have this. Luckily I found some NOS flares on eBay.

Another cool tidbit that I’ve noticed. In the film, when Alan Grant is holding the flare, the top portion of the cap is removed. Either the flares were sitting in the case with the top part removed, or there is a continuity error.
FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg (151.38 KiB) Viewed 32 times
FullSizeRender-1.jpeg
FullSizeRender-2.jpeg
IMG_8544.JPG