Walke2jd's 1992 Sahara Jeep 33 - Virginia

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Walke2jd's 1992 Sahara Jeep 33 - Virginia

Post by COBrian » July 1st, 2015, 9:55 am

When our club has done inside shows we are required to have less than 1/4 tank of gas and disconnect the battery. I've had more issues at an outdoor event, where kids thought my jeep was a jungle gym. Ropes will eliminate 99.9% of issues you could possible have.
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO

walke2jd

Post by walke2jd » July 1st, 2015, 2:08 pm

COBrian wrote:When our club has done inside shows we are required to have less than 1/4 tank of gas and disconnect the battery. I've had more issues at an outdoor event, where kids thought my jeep was a jungle gym. Ropes will eliminate 99.9% of issues you could possible have.
Yeah, parents these days are nuts. I couldn't believe what some people would allow their kids to do on my Jeep. I don't want to be a hard@ss about the Jeep, but when some of them start opening doors, climbing on stuff, hanging off mirrors (WTF....), I have to step in. I had one kid bend the interior door panel up on the passenger side when he used the lip to climb up.

And that is not to say that some grown adults weren't also insane. I was taking a quick water break (less than 2 minutes) and when I come back there is someone standing on my rear seat recreating the Dr Grant pointing scene.

I'll definitely ask about stanchions and insurance before agreeing. Also, I didn't think about running the gas low. Thanks for the heads up.

walke2jd

Post by walke2jd » August 3rd, 2015, 10:39 am

The event with Dave and Busters was last Wednesday. Everything went great with lots of JP fans showing up to play the new JP game and see the Jeep. Also scored some gift cards and play cards for participating, so sounds like my Birthday is taken care of!

Everyone was asking if I had a page setup, so I went ahead and created one on Facebook. I may need to get some cards printed up, as lots of people were asking for my contact info to schedule other events. From the one D&B event, I have some marketing photos and a comicon lined up.

Maverick20

Post by Maverick20 » December 12th, 2015, 11:53 pm

That's awesome I'm stationed not far from Va beach haven't plastidiped mine yet but would be cool to meet up when I do
1995 YJ Sahara