1:18 scale Jurassic Park Jeep!

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
matthewf229

1:18 scale Jurassic Park Jeep!

Post by matthewf229 » March 12th, 2012, 10:46 pm

I love the JP cars. I have a large collection of 1:18 scale movie cars, some made by various companies, some custom made. I started with a white 2003 Wrangler Rubicon model by Maisto. The light bar, lights, and winch were custom made. I still have some finishing touches to go, such as the rear amber lights, the CB antenna, and the decals. I went with the olive interior, because I like it better than the hunter green. I also bought a 2007 Explorer model that will be started soon, if I can ever figure out how to make the clear plastic bubble for the roof. The 2007 was the only 1:18 model I could find...
Attachments
Still needs the decals
Still needs the decals

matthewf229

Re: 1:18 scale Jurassic Park Jeep!

Post by matthewf229 » March 15th, 2012, 12:29 am

Here it is with the decals, including the I.D. tag on the rearview mirror...
Attachments
IMAG0174.jpg
IMAG0175.jpg
IMAG0176.jpg
IMAG0172.jpg

Ecto-DMC

Post by Ecto-DMC » March 16th, 2012, 9:13 am

Im kinda surprised they havent made a 1/18 of the Jurassic Park Jeeps Yet but yours looks cool :) fot a TJ :lol:
Roads Where were going a Delorean will never go, BUT a JEEP sure will!.

matthewf229

Post by matthewf229 » March 16th, 2012, 12:30 pm

Thanks! The TJ is the only diecast 1:18 scale Jeep I could find, I never found any CJs or YJs. Love the name, by the way, Ecto-DMC. I have the RC2/Joyride Ecto, the Hot Wheels Elite Ecto, and the Sunstar Delorean...

LiopleurodonTrainer

Post by LiopleurodonTrainer » October 8th, 2012, 12:21 am

Awesome Jeep! I totally want to do one of these too, now... I also collect 1:18 cars, and this would be awesome to have in my collection! You should paint the seats and rollbars with a flat or matte finish clear coat, since they're cloth, and the glossy paint (at least it looks like that in the pictures) makes them look more like shiny leather. Totally loving the winch and lightbar!

matthewf229

Post by matthewf229 » December 2nd, 2012, 2:03 pm

The seats are a bit shiny, looking back now I should've dusted them with Testors dull-cote. Honestly, I was happy they came out as good as they did, they were an absolute pain in my butt. The seats are made of some kind of vinyl, they aren't hard plastic, and it was nearly impossible to get paint to stick to them. I even tried an "acid" etch primer and it wouldn't stick. Some of the paints I tried wouldn't dry (stayed sticky), and some that I tried did dry, but then peeled off in sheets. I ended up brushing them with an enamel, which dried and stuck, but the color was all blotchy. So after the enamel dried, I dusted them with a semi-gloss rust-oleum, hence the shine. It's been done for a while, and since then I have done 1:18 scale versions of the "Jericho" 1969 Plymouth Road Runner, the "Sanford & Son" 1952 Ford F-1, the 1968 Dodge Charger from the "Blade" series, and I'm currently working on a yellow Maisto Brush Fire Jeep that I'm turning into a "Baywatch" rescue truck. I still have the Jurassic Park Explorer on the back burner, as well as the black pre-Ecto-1 1959 Cadillac ambulance from "Ghostbusters". Anybody else out there do custom 1:18 scale cars?

SlyRobot

Post by SlyRobot » December 16th, 2014, 11:27 pm

WOW this is awesome! IVE BEEN WANTING TO DO THIS FOR SOOOO LONG!
I explained Chaos Theory to that Bitch.

Bitches love Chaos Theory.

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Post by COBrian » December 24th, 2014, 3:19 pm

I have the tamiya 1:24 "open top wrangler" which is a YJ waiting for me to build it and finish it. AND looks like they may be in production again as I just searched and found many available.... good work OP
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO

ausjeep

Post by ausjeep » December 25th, 2014, 8:10 am

COBrian wrote:I have the tamiya 1:24 "open top wrangler" which is a YJ waiting for me to build it and finish it. AND looks like they may be in production again as I just searched and found many available.... good work OP
Got some links? al i can find are way to expensive

fantomas
Completed JP Jeep

Post by fantomas » December 28th, 2014, 12:37 am

ausjeep wrote:
COBrian wrote:I have the tamiya 1:24 "open top wrangler" which is a YJ waiting for me to build it and finish it. AND looks like they may be in production again as I just searched and found many available.... good work OP
Got some links? al i can find are way to expensive
It's really strange about the availability of these now. I snagged an open box Tamiya in August and felt like I got a good deal for $64 shipped from Japan. I see them now on Amazon for ~$44 shuipped from Japan http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PY ... G8O6K63K1Q The seller Shining Sun has shipping rates listed for USA, Canada, Europe, Asia, etc but I don't see anything for Australia. I don't know if they're either just clearing out their inventory or don't know what they have?

I might try and mold and cast some of the parts for this and create a 1:24 Lost World Jeep like this:
But I've got a ton of projects going on right now so who knows if I'll actually get around to it....