weapon lxxxi's jeep 12

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
weapon lxxxi

Re: weapon lxxxi's jeep 12

Post by weapon lxxxi » September 13th, 2014, 8:22 am

Just to let everyone know I am still alive, just having major garage issues before paint. Sourcing parts is hard over here without paying lots for shipping. Also the first garage I took it to I have discovered have ruined my new radiator!! They had already written the jeep off in their heads saying its old & crap so I didn't trust them to fix it properly! They didn't it still leaked so I asked my new one to take a look this week a sits sat doing nothing, he pulled it apart & the whole system is clogged up with a red powder!! I then went to the first garage they obviously denied it. They have unfortunately messed with the person as I'm not letting this go...!
Anyway hope to be back on track very soon......

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » September 14th, 2014, 9:45 am

Red powder? You mean rust? Rust has clogged it up? I had a engine like this once before. Its from running water and not antifreeze. Antifreeze has anti corrosion properties. Does it not get below freezing there? Anyways has the mechanic tried flushing all the water from the system? I hope the radiator core is not clogged as you are thinking. The heater core might also need to be considered. Without being there i dont know but i think you will be ok with all new antifreeze.

Dont you hate it when someone is like for example...." a 1986" "no wonder its broken" or "that might be your problem finding parts" I think i am going to start saying "Yeah..it would be much better to have one of these new cars that is broken at ten years old"
I cant find quality parts here in the states either.
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » September 14th, 2014, 10:35 am

Could be rust but it's way too much for a short space of time. It had antifreeze in it from when I replaced the rad a couple of years ago & on its last service last year. He has tried flushing it but it is loads, he thinks it could be "k seal". I may flush the old one too so I have a future spare I case & if it doesn't work ah well.

Ha your quotes are spot on! Every one of those lines was used from that garage. Still it's in good hands now woo & should be off to paint soon, I really have missed it this summer tho :(

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » November 23rd, 2014, 1:06 pm

Well it's still in the garage & I'm getting a bit pissed at them not fixing it quicker!! I've been told Wednesday now so yeah believe that when I see it. & it better be good as new underneath.
Anyway knowing I'm "getting it back" I've started on my jabscos so they can be done when it's back. & I'm on the search for a winch plate too, I may fab it!?

On the jabsco front I've decided to go with the white shell, red ring, black base, white wire combo.
Because A: I don't want to take apart 4 expensive lights (I don't trust my luck at mo).
B: looking at original pics on here propmaster who made the real ones had that, the IOA jeep 12 had that before it chaged to 23, and the HD screen shots seem to say that too.

So here is what I've done so far.....
White sat TV cable & blank hole fillers as the black bit. The white tab is the top of a cable tidy cut to size.
White sat TV cable & blank hole fillers as the black bit. The white tab is the top of a cable tidy cut to size.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Cut to size
Cut to size
First coat of red
First coat of red

cptcrunch
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cptcrunch » November 25th, 2014, 9:52 pm

I purchased the harbor freight winch plate and it worked perfectly. I might suggest that over fabbing one. Cost was $40 after 20% off coupon: http://www.harborfreight.com/universal- ... 90476.html.

Also, if you want the 3D files for the ring and attachments let me know. You can check my build thread to see how they look. Happy to provide them for a fellow JPJeeper :)

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » November 26th, 2014, 1:40 pm

The only problem with that is that they don't ship over here & I bet it would cost a bomb to do that too! :(.

I think you already have sent them over via the fbook page ;), if it was you thanks just in talks with local printers now woooo!!!

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » November 26th, 2014, 7:24 pm

Stage 2 of the jabsco mod tonight. As you can see from the pics, red ring has been hand painted on & I have stuck the trim on clean plastic after painting them first. The back plate is also stuck on too. I have dremmeled off the jabsco logos so it's all smooth. Next up is covering up the rest of the light & red strip then giving it a few coats of black. I'm going for satin on the base.
Tabs
Tabs
image.jpg
image.jpg

cptcrunch
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cptcrunch » November 28th, 2014, 10:07 am

weapon lxxxi wrote:The only problem with that is that they don't ship over here & I bet it would cost a bomb to do that too! :(.

I think you already have sent them over via the fbook page ;), if it was you thanks just in talks with local printers now woooo!!!
Yep that was me. Send some pictures when they are printed!

If you want, I'm happy to buy you a winch plate and ship it. Not sure of the costs, but I have no problem shipping stuff to you.

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » November 29th, 2014, 6:18 am

I thought so, I put two & two together after seeing your build thread here. I will let you know trying to get there next week hopefully.

Awesome, I'll do some hunting here & see if it works out cheaper or not :) cheers again

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » November 29th, 2014, 11:02 am

Base done! Now waiting for it to dry a bit more then I'll add the wires...
image.jpg